Nick Johnson back tonight

MrAndMrsFish

According to Manny Navarro from the Miami Herald on his twitter account:

Manager Fredi Gonzalez announced this morning on his show with Sedano (I believe) that Nick Johnson would be back in the lineup tonight.

I was about to say let's guess who's going down to free up a spot but with expanded rosters no one is.

God, I hope they haven't rushed him.

I'm as interested in when Hanley is back where Uggla bats. Looked pretty good hitting third last night. I've hoped all season that Uggla batted fourth behind Ramirez perhaps now that will be reversed (I don't really believe that but just throwing it out there).

Personally my belief is Fredi has mis-cast Uggla in the lineup all season and that he should bat either cleanup or fifth, and not have him hitting seventh one night and then fifth then sixth then seventh etc.

So Nick the Stick is back, I don't know about anyone else but I'm excited. Just stay healthy.

I wonder if Fredi will just throw him out there or maybe have him sit for the night, perhaps pinch-hitting or as a defensive replacement in the eighth or ninth?

Did you say use Hanley as a defensive replacement, well wonders never cease,

Do you mean this because perhaps he is still injured or because you are commenting on his lack of defensive prowess?

Hanley has done pretty well at short stop defensively this season and he has looked much better than Emilio did yesterday.

I wonder if Fredi will just throw him out there or maybe have him sit for the night, perhaps pinch-hitting or as a defensive replacement in the eighth or ninth?

Do you mean this because perhaps he is still injured or because you are commenting on his lack of defensive prowess?

Hanley has done pretty well at short stop defensively this season and he has looked much better than Emilio did yesterday.

I think we all know Hanley weak spot is his defense, so see a post to use him as a defensive replacement is kind of shocking.

The quick answer is no, I was speaking hypothetically about Fredi using Nick Johnson.

I think we all know Hanley weak spot is his defense, so see a post to use him as a defensive replacement is kind of shocking.

His weak spot might be his defense but that's because he has 1000 strong spots. His defense has only improved over the last two years and is no longer a weakness. He's the 12th best SS in +/- this year. He started getting better last year but was still making too many errors. If that's your game, he's got the 9th best FP% amongst SS this year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.