The Marlins have their fair share of mistakes

The comments on the Youtube page are unbelievable. Some highlights:

wampus74 i always wondered what an abortion sounded like 6

birthdayripper Please someone invent a time machine so we can prevent Scott Stapp's parents from meeting each other!!

Pain!!

foreman86 I wonder if Pitbull will do a raggaeton remix of this track. Bon Jovi is so jealous right now.

helloweenskeeper It's still better than Creed.

livebackwards ...marlins don't soar, Scott. They are fish.

Yeah, it's so bad it's almost good. Almost.

"Guys, I don't know much about baseball. Can you get me like a list of baseball terms? I think I'm just going to read them off one by one."

Also, what I hate most about this song and hated most about the Pitbull song (besides the fact that they're horrific pieces of music) is that we can't ever be the best. Even in our own theme songs we're a lesser team; with Pitbull it was "We're the underdogs and we will never give up"; with Stapp it's "Keep hoping and dreaming and you will soar. With a little faith and luck...".

How would the Dolphins theme be remembered if it went "Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins will try hard! Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins won't give up!"?

FSN aired the whole song before Opening Night on the stadium speakers and I was laughing then over how bad it was. They showed shots of the players in the dugout and they didn't know how to respond to it. :lol

Looks like it made the Huffington Post:

Scott Stapp 'Marlins Will Soar' Song Upsets Multitudes Of Fans (VIDEO)

Scott Stapp recorded a song (and video!) in tribute to the Florida Marlins, but most don't seem to be happy that the lead singer of Creed has graced Major League Baseball with his presence. Comments on the YouTube video include "This is terrible," "This song blows" and "this is horrible for both music and baseball."

Big League Stew calls the track "terrible" and Deadspin says the train wreck "ruins baseball." Similar sentiments can be found here and here. Scroll down to watch. What do you think?

:lol

Big League Stew:

Creed singer greets Marlins with arms wide open, terrible song

First you can't find out-of-town scores at a Florida Marlins game and now the team has turned over its pregame entertainment to ... a guy best known for his messianic complex?

It's true. Scott Stapp, Creed's lead singer and a man NBC Miami calls "Bizarro Jesus," has adapted one of his songs to fire up Fish fans before home games this season. "Marlins Will Soar" is not very easy on the ears and the worst part is that it seems Florida did not even use its new musical partnership to get a free agent discount on noted Creed fan Matt Holliday(notes).

Anyway, these are actual lyrics:

"Keep hoping and dreaming that you will ... soaaaaaaaaar!"

"With a little faith and love, you will .... soaaaaaaaaar!"

Heh. If anyone wants to let me in on the joke that Stapp has played on this mortal coil for more than a decade, now might be a good time. But if you'd rather be a masochistic sort, head on over to Walkoff Walk, where Iracane has posted a video of Stapp singing the National Anthem before Florida's home opener last week.

Or you can just do what what I did and watch Orioles Magic for a guaranteed way to push Stapp's lyrics out of your brain. Yeah, you'll be singing about the "thundering roar from 34" all day and people will think you're a fan of a 1-8 team, but it'll be worth the side effects.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that his rendition of the national anthem is one of the worst I've heard.

Anyway, here are some more comments to the blog posts:

Marlins over millenia of natural selection, or possibly sudden mutation from a nuclear war, will grow wings and slowly learn to take flight....and they'll soooooooooaaaarrrr.

Scott Stapp: "I want a strikeout; no, a base hit. I want a double play. I want a home run. I want a balk. I want an infield fl-"

Wayne Huizenga: "You'll get nothing and like it!"

Dear Scott Stapp,

Please keep up this most excellent work. We wish you well and look forward to you duplicating the success that Creed experienced in the late '90's because frankly, we could use a break from the attention.

Sincerely,

Nickleback

Marlins can soar for only so long until they suffocate and die.

We need these people to register on the forum. We need more people that bring the funny. :lol

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that his rendition of the national anthem is one of the worst I've heard.

Marlins over millenia of natural selection, or possibly sudden mutation from a nuclear war, will grow wings and slowly learn to take flight....and they'll soooooooooaaaarrrr.

Scott Stapp: "I want a strikeout; no, a base hit. I want a double play. I want a home run. I want a balk. I want an infield fl-"

Dear Scott Stapp,

Please keep up this most excellent work. We wish you well and look forward to you duplicating the success that Creed experienced in the late '90's because frankly, we could use a break from the attention.

Sincerely,

Nickleback

We need these people to register on the forum. We need more people that bring the funny. :lol

HAHAHA!

Dear Scott Stapp,

Sincerely,

Nickleback

That last one is just too funny.

I liked the song.

Really isn't all that bad. Kinda liked it the first time I heard it at our Home Opener, mainly because it was different. I can take it or leave it.

And saying his National Anthem was one of the worst someone has ever heard is a huge exaggeration. Or they never listen to it. I thought it was acceptable. Not great, not bad. Middle of the road. One of the best I have heard was done at either an ASG or a WS game quite a few years back by Meatloaf. I loved it because all the experts in the media were knocking MLB for picking him to do it and predicting a complete failure. The guy nailed it and had them eating their words. Say what you want about him, he does have a voice.