Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/10 Post Game

Featured Replies

I'm hoping for a split tomorrow and team goes on a tear in that homestand after break, but I think Loria has seen enough sadly.

 

 

 

Lol at this team going on a tear. If anything, they'll have tears from crying at the end of the year for the little that they've accomplished.

I'm hoping for a split tomorrow and team goes on a tear in that homestand after break, but I think Loria has seen enough sadly.

 

Enter the eternal optimist.

I'm hoping for a split tomorrow and team goes on a tear in that homestand after break, but I think Loria has seen enough sadly.

 

Enter the eternal optimist.

 

No, that's Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Kansas City fans.

this game is all on robertson.......he could have had a decent start but he gave up that home run to snyder.

 

typical marlins loss. the home run and failure to score in the 8th come back to get us as usual.

 

11 out of the division and 8 out of the card. looking great.

I'm hoping for a split tomorrow and team goes on a tear in that homestand after break, but I think Loria has seen enough sadly.

 

Enter the eternal optimist.

 

No, that's Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Kansas City fans.

No, they all know they suck. We need to start realizing the same thing this year.

I'm hoping for a split tomorrow and team goes on a tear in that homestand after break, but I think Loria has seen enough sadly.

 

 

I have too. This team is beyond infuriating. Has Helms lost the ability to pinch hit? Seriously. Coghlan's offense today was pathetic. Nice to see Hanley with 3 hits today and Mikey had a good day as well.

Leaving men on base has been our achilles heel and it's horrendous to watch.

 

Plus side, I want to see Sanabia tomorrow. I hope he does well!

I'm hoping for a split tomorrow and team goes on a tear in that homestand after break, but I think Loria has seen enough sadly.

 

 

 

I don't remember when we are so disappointed before the ASG break. :confused :blink: :thumbdown

If hope was the key to winning baseball games we'd be undefeated. You can't hope a bad team goes on a tear. A "tear" for the Marlins would be winning 4 games in a row... and then dropping the next 3.

I'm hoping for a split tomorrow and team goes on a tear in that homestand after break, but I think Loria has seen enough sadly.

 

Enter the eternal optimist.

 

No, that's Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Kansas City fans.

No, they all know they suck. We need to start realizing the same thing this year.

 

Florida doesn't suck. Baltimore and Pitt suck. Well...okay, those teams suck more than this team does. If that makes sense.

We just pay minimum salary for Nate Robertson, so why don't we release him?

He cannot help this team, no more.

 

RVH, West would be better than him.

Need the win tomorrow, Cantu should get the day off with Uggla is the 4th spot.

We need to comeback strong after the ASB and get on a nice win streak before July 31st and if not, sadly we need to become sellers.

I agree. Robertson is a complete waste of time. Every year they bring in some scrub like him or Mark Hendrickson instead of giving valuable big league experience to a younger pitcher who can perform just as well if not better.

I agree. Robertson is a complete waste of time. Every year they bring in some scrub like him or Mark Hendrickson instead of giving valuable big league experience to a younger pitcher who can perform just as well if not better.

 

 

Mark played in the NBA, right? I barely remember him. 2008 season?

I agree. Robertson is a complete waste of time. Every year they bring in some scrub like him or Mark Hendrickson instead of giving valuable big league experience to a younger pitcher who can perform just as well if not better.

 

 

Mark played in the NBA, right? I barely remember him. 2008 season?

 

Yes, and yes.

I also agree, Robertson is a waste of time. Let's get Sean West up here, give him some seasoning time, get Logan Morrison up, get rid of Cantu.... ugh, let's just accept this season is not going anywhere and start building for 2011 and more importantly, 2012.

 

It has just been a terrible 2010 Marlins team.

we've been mentioning selling, and what players could be sold/dealt/traded/whatever, and the more I think about it, the more I realize I think we should keep Dan Uggla. He's shown to have some leadership in the clubhouse, solid defender, 30/90+ homers/RBIs a year. That's GIVEN. he's got his ups and downs too, but it's nowhere near as bad as the next two: Cantu and Ross are just so incredible streaky. It's much worse for Cantu because he bats in a more important position, and in my opinion hes a pretty awful 3rd baseman. Cantu has looked absolutely horrible in LA/Arizona.

 

I've said this before, whoever we shuffle around or acquire while in the process of removing Cantu or possibly Ross, I REALLY hope they are good defenders. I can't stomach the awful defense anymore. Maybe it hits me really hard because I still have flashbacks of Lowell/Alex Gonzales/Luis Castilo/Derek Lee who were pretty incredible around the horn. I will mention Chris Coghlan has really turned to be an awsome outfielder specially coming as a natural second baseman (to also squash any ideas of him possibly moving back to the infield), and Mike Stanton seems pretty great too.

 

Wes Helms is a mere shadow of his 2009 self, I miss Baker, and Mike Lamb/Brian Barden are useless.

 

and to echo what's been said: Yeah, Nate is kind of disappointing. You guys mention Sean West or RVH and I agree there too. To be honest, I don't know that either would put up better numbers then Nate in the short run, but that's CLEARLY beside the point. West/RVH need some big league time, and Nate is an empty investment at this point

we've been mentioning selling, and what players could be sold/dealt/traded/whatever, and the more I think about it, the more I realize I think we should keep Dan Uggla. He's shown to have some leadership in the clubhouse, solid defender, 30/90+ homers/RBIs a year. That's GIVEN. he's got his ups and downs too, but it's nowhere near as bad as the next two: Cantu and Ross are just so incredible streaky. It's much worse for Cantu because he bats in a more important position, and in my opinion hes a pretty awful 3rd baseman. Cantu has looked absolutely horrible in LA/Arizona.

 

I've said this before, whoever we shuffle around or acquire while in the process of removing Cantu or possibly Ross, I REALLY hope they are good defenders. I can't stomach the awful defense anymore. Maybe it hits me really hard because I still have flashbacks of Lowell/Alex Gonzales/Luis Castilo/Derek Lee who were pretty incredible around the horn. I will mention Chris Coghlan has really turned to be an awsome outfielder specially coming as a natural second baseman (to also squash any ideas of him possibly moving back to the infield), and Mike Stanton seems pretty great too.

 

Wes Helms is a mere shadow of his 2009 self, I miss Baker, and Mike Lamb/Brian Barden are useless.

 

and to echo what's been said: Yeah, Nate is kind of disappointing. You guys mention Sean West or RVH and I agree there too. To be honest, I don't know that either would put up better numbers then Nate in the short run, but that's CLEARLY beside the point. West/RVH need some big league time, and Nate is an empty investment at this point

 

 

Agreed about Uggla and RVH/West being given a shot over Nate.

 

Although isn't Ross a good defensive CF/RF or is he just decent? Marlins trade or let Uggla go and the chances of replacing that power is slim.

we've been mentioning selling, and what players could be sold/dealt/traded/whatever, and the more I think about it, the more I realize I think we should keep Dan Uggla. He's shown to have some leadership in the clubhouse, solid defender, 30/90+ homers/RBIs a year. That's GIVEN. he's got his ups and downs too, but it's nowhere near as bad as the next two: Cantu and Ross are just so incredible streaky. It's much worse for Cantu because he bats in a more important position, and in my opinion hes a pretty awful 3rd baseman. Cantu has looked absolutely horrible in LA/Arizona.

 

I've said this before, whoever we shuffle around or acquire while in the process of removing Cantu or possibly Ross, I REALLY hope they are good defenders. I can't stomach the awful defense anymore. Maybe it hits me really hard because I still have flashbacks of Lowell/Alex Gonzales/Luis Castilo/Derek Lee who were pretty incredible around the horn. I will mention Chris Coghlan has really turned to be an awsome outfielder specially coming as a natural second baseman (to also squash any ideas of him possibly moving back to the infield), and Mike Stanton seems pretty great too.

 

Wes Helms is a mere shadow of his 2009 self, I miss Baker, and Mike Lamb/Brian Barden are useless.

 

and to echo what's been said: Yeah, Nate is kind of disappointing. You guys mention Sean West or RVH and I agree there too. To be honest, I don't know that either would put up better numbers then Nate in the short run, but that's CLEARLY beside the point. West/RVH need some big league time, and Nate is an empty investment at this point

 

 

Agreed about Uggla and RVH/West being given a shot over Nate.

 

Although isn't Ross a good defensive CF/RF or is he just decent? Marlins trade or let Uggla go and the chances of replacing that power is slim.

 

Good? Decent? Suffice it to say I think Cody Ross is somewhere between above average and great. Overall, really good. Regardless, I think Cody is more easily replaced then Uggla. Uggla's value is way better then Cody's though.

we've been mentioning selling, and what players could be sold/dealt/traded/whatever, and the more I think about it, the more I realize I think we should keep Dan Uggla. He's shown to have some leadership in the clubhouse, solid defender, 30/90+ homers/RBIs a year. That's GIVEN. he's got his ups and downs too, but it's nowhere near as bad as the next two: Cantu and Ross are just so incredible streaky. It's much worse for Cantu because he bats in a more important position, and in my opinion hes a pretty awful 3rd baseman. Cantu has looked absolutely horrible in LA/Arizona.

 

I've said this before, whoever we shuffle around or acquire while in the process of removing Cantu or possibly Ross, I REALLY hope they are good defenders. I can't stomach the awful defense anymore. Maybe it hits me really hard because I still have flashbacks of Lowell/Alex Gonzales/Luis Castilo/Derek Lee who were pretty incredible around the horn. I will mention Chris Coghlan has really turned to be an awsome outfielder specially coming as a natural second baseman (to also squash any ideas of him possibly moving back to the infield), and Mike Stanton seems pretty great too.

 

Wes Helms is a mere shadow of his 2009 self, I miss Baker, and Mike Lamb/Brian Barden are useless.

 

and to echo what's been said: Yeah, Nate is kind of disappointing. You guys mention Sean West or RVH and I agree there too. To be honest, I don't know that either would put up better numbers then Nate in the short run, but that's CLEARLY beside the point. West/RVH need some big league time, and Nate is an empty investment at this point

 

 

Agreed about Uggla and RVH/West being given a shot over Nate.

 

Although isn't Ross a good defensive CF/RF or is he just decent? Marlins trade or let Uggla go and the chances of replacing that power is slim.

 

Good? Decent? Suffice it to say I think Cody Ross is somewhere between above average and great. Overall, really good. Regardless, I think Cody is more easily replaced then Uggla. Uggla's value is way better then Cody's though.

 

I didn't know for sure. I only follow the games through MLB Gameday. I don't have a baseball package here in NC.

 

I love how on a MLB Trade Rumors site it quoted Cody as to basically saying he is gonna blame Hanley if he gets traded. Oooooooooooooooooooooo, no he didn't.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.