Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/15 Post Game

Featured Replies

ahhhhh yes typical marlins baseball.......win 4 lose 3. awesome job guys.

 

god i just wish this season was over, this team needs some major changes.

 

last years team and this years have been some of the most infuriating to watch on top of already having no f***ing luck.

0-26 RISP certainly sucks, and points out, in the extreme, a major achilles heel we've suffered from all year. But we've sucked playing in Cincinnati, and have done so for as long as I can remember. Nothing about this team suggested to me that this year would be any different .

If only we could just play the Nats more often...I'm sure we could get to the playoffs [not this year obviously]! How odd is it that the Reds were swept before playing the Marlins, and we swept the Nats..now it reverses and we're the ones getting swept? To repeat myself from my post last night: we are just a frustrating, no-luck, team that can play ridiculously horrible at times and yet at other times, play well. It's so inconsistent that you never know what Marlins team you'll be watching on any given night. And it makes it very difficult to enjoy a game when you're expecting horrible things to happen (be it bad luck, a bad call from the umpire, or just bad defense..or no offense). At this point, it's all about Stanton and whatever bright spots are left on this team. I'm just waiting for next year and hoping something better will happen. If the MLB can do us a favor and schedule us to play more of the Nats next year, it'd be nice.

Yeah, this game was pretty crappy as has been the whole series. It sucks to watch us win four in a row and go into a series with momentum only to drop the next three. :(

If only we could just play the Nats more often...I'm sure we could get to the playoffs [not this year obviously]! How odd is it that the Reds were swept before playing the Marlins, and we swept the Nats..now it reverses and we're the ones getting swept? To repeat myself from my post last night: we are just a frustrating, no-luck, team that can play ridiculously horrible at times and yet at other times, play well. It's so inconsistent that you never know what Marlins team you'll be watching on any given night. And it makes it very difficult to enjoy a game when you're expecting horrible things to happen (be it bad luck, a bad call from the umpire, or just bad defense..or no offense). At this point, it's all about Stanton and whatever bright spots are left on this team. I'm just waiting for next year and hoping something better will happen. If the MLB can do us a favor and schedule us to play more of the Nats next year, it'd be nice.

 

 

 

:goodpost

I know it takes a lot out of us fans. We watch the Marlins sweep the Nats and how our offense seemed like it was turning things around. Hanley started to look like his old self, Stanton continues hitting and hitting home runs. Some things were looking good and the sweep with the Nats was great. Then we watch three brutal games in a row. It must be worse for the players. So let's hope they can put this series behind them, or use it to motivate them into going on a winning streak again. Let's win the series against the Pirates as a start!

What I find frustrating is to see the young guys like Morrison and Stanton get doubles, while the rest of the offense is completely silent. It seems like for every young guy that steps up unexpectedly, a veteran takes a step back so we make no progress. Dan Uggla is the only veteran hitter this squad has that has lived up to expectations.

yesterday's bases loaded no out situation in the 9th inning basically summarizes this entire season. I cannot tell you how many times this season I've seen men on 2nd and 3rd with less than 2 outs, or bases loaded with less than 2 outs with the Marlins failing to deliver. These guys are constantly swinging for the fences and I'm sorry to say, having that approach will win you some games in the majors but you'll lose more than you win. I think the Marlins achilles heel this year is playing small ball. Like simply hitting the ball in the air instead of striking out to bring in that run from 3rd. I just hope this team can improve on this next year.

 

I'm glad we have Stanton and Morrison. It'll be an honor to watch these guys develop into some of the better hitters in this league. As for the Marlins, it's been a good ride but I think this season is done.

Sweeping the Nationals then being swept by the Reds reminds me of a similar week in July/August last season - we were swept by the Nationals then we won all the games in a series against the Phillies.

 

Inconsistent and infuriating to watch, the Florida Marlins

I think that is part of the problem, we spend to much time watching the mets and playing spoiler, to hell with the mets and spoiler, i rather the team in the playoff and trying for the ws.

I think that is part of the problem, we spend to much time watching the mets and playing spoiler, to hell with the mets and spoiler, i rather the team in the playoff and trying for the ws.

 

 

I'm talking frustration wise. If I were a Mets fan I would be way more frustrated than I am with the Marlins.

 

I'm sick of playing spoiler too. Looking forward to 2012-2014

 

You give up on the 2011 season?

Via ESPN

 

 

Marlins Can't Get A Timely Hit

From Elias: The Reds completed a three-game sweep of the Marlins (by scores of 7-2, 5-4 and 2-0) while keeping Florida hitless in 27 at-bats with runners in scoring position over the weekend. The Marlins were the first team to be swept in a series of at least three games while going 0-for-8 or worse with runners in scoring position in each game since the Expos dropped a three-game set at Wrigley Field, May 31-June 2, 1991.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.