Sanchez/Uggla's double error on the front page of Yahoo

Looking on the bright side, at least we're getting some media exposure this late in the season.

http://www.yahoo.com/

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=mlb-272983

Too bad it didn't go through Stantons legs as well. Have there been 3 errors committed on the same play in MLB?

For sure. Think fielding error + a couple of throwing errors. but I wouldn't be surprised if 3 fielding errors from the initial contact has never happened.

Looking on the bright side, at least we're getting some media exposure this late in the season.

http://www.yahoo.com/

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=mlb-272983

Too bad it didn't go through Stantons legs as well. Have there been 3 errors committed on the same play in MLB?

For sure. Think fielding error + a couple of throwing errors. but I wouldn't be surprised if 3 fielding errors from the initial contact has never happened.

Yeah that's what I meant.

How is it that the Marlins and Braves are tied in errors committed yet the Braves are leading the wildcard standings? No one else in like the top 20 is in playoff contention.

It's because of this that errors have become overrated.

Errors don't take things like range into account. There's no question that the Braves are better defensive team than the Marlins.

How is it that the Marlins and Braves are tied in errors committed yet the Braves are leading the wildcard standings? No one else in like the top 20 is in playoff contention.

Errors don't take things like range into account. There's no question that the Braves are better defensive team than the Marlins.

I think it's more because pitching has more weight than defense does in general.

The Braves had a pretty substantial lead in both starter's and reliever's ERA over the Marlins.

I think they do. If a player has repeatedly shown he can get to a ball and then has a brain fart on a similar play he will get an error before a guy doing the same play that has shown he dosen't normally make a play on that ball.

But I would like to see who gets blamed for certain errors get changed. Namely, throwing errors. I would also add in a change to the calls of passed balls and wild pitches.

I would kinda like to see a new category added. Offensive errors. Base running blunders would be a prime one.

I think they do. If a player has repeatedly shown he can get to a ball and then has a brain fart on a similar play he will get an error before a guy doing the same play that has shown he dosen't normally make a play on that ball.

But I would like to see who gets blamed for certain errors get changed. Namely, throwing errors. I would also add in a change to the calls of passed balls and wild pitches.

I would kinda like to see a new category added. Offensive errors. Base running blunders would be a prime one.

Yea, but if you don't touch the ball then you don't have an error. Players who can barely get to a ball (and thus make more errors on plays like that) should be more desirable than players who just can't get to that ball at all. Those players won't get an error, but the ball gets past them either way.