Four Spring Games To Be Televised

Admin

SUNRISE – FOX Sports Florida and the Florida Marlins announced today that the team’s longtime regional sports network partner will produce and air live statewide coverage of four spring training games this season featuring the Marlins. The March 15 game at the Tampa Bay Rays will air statewide on sister network Sun Sports. All games will be produced and distributed in HD.

Sunday, March 13 1:00pm Washington Nationals @ Florida Marlins

Tuesday, March 15 1:00pm Florida Marlins @ Tampa Bay Rays (AIRS ON SUN SPORTS)

Sunday, March 20 1:00pm New York Mets @ Florida Marlins

Saturday, March 26 1:00pm St. Louis Cardinals @ Florida Marlins

Complementing the network’s live television coverage of the spring games will be unique content on the networks’ website, www.foxsportsflorida.com, including reports from Jupiter and around the Grapefruit League, exclusive video, commentary and opportunities for fans to interact via both the website and social media at http://www.twitter.com/FSMarlins & www.facebook.com/foxsportsfloridasunsports.

Viewers will get a unique perspective on two of the games as FOX Sports Florida partners with sister regional sports network Sun Sports on the Marlins/Rays production and with FOX Sports Midwest on the Cardinals/Marlins. FOX Sports Florida offered this enhancement on its spring training telecasts in 2010 and it proved very popular with fans. Calling the action on both networks in their respective regions for these games will be:

Marlins @ Rays – March 15 (airs statewide on Sun Sports):

FOX Sports Florida’s Marlins play-by-play announcer Rich Waltz will be partnered with Sun Sports’ Rays analyst Brian Anderson, with FOX Sports Florida’s Frank Forte reporting from the Marlins’ dugout and Sun Sports’ Todd Kalas from the Rays’.

Cardinals @ Marlins – March 26:

FOX Sports Midwest’s Cardinals play-by-play announcer Rick Horton will work alongside FOX Sports Florida’s Marlins analyst Tommy Hutton with Frank Forte reporting from Marlins’ dugout.

In addition, the network unveiled its lineup of Florida Marlins programs to be produced and aired on FOX Sports Florida and Sun Sports in 2011:

“Florida Marlins Hot Stove Report� Currently in production, this all-new informal roundtable show will discuss off-season action. Premieres February 19, 1:00pm.

“Florida Marlins Season Preview� Preview of upcoming season for the Florida Marlins with analysis, interviews divisional and league break downs, roster moves and more. Premieres March 20, 12:30pm.

“Florida Marlins Golf Tournament Special� This half-hour show spotlights the Florida Marlins Community Foundation’s annual golf tournament in early February with players, front office personnel and other personalities teeing it up at Parkland Golf and Country Club. Premieres March 5.

“Inside the Marlins� This popular series will feature seven, all-new, half-hour HD episodes this season. The show is designed to tell unique stories, provide unparalleled access and offer fans insight into their favorite Marlins players, coaches, personalities, events and franchise operations. Different features will develop as the season unfolds.

“Billy's Bunch� Designed with the young Marlins fan in mind and featuring the ever-popular “Billy The Marlin,� this continuing series is a unique baseball experience for the kid in everyone, taking fans beyond the playing field and sharing players’ interests both on and off the field. Each show offers segments tailored to educate and entertain kids and their families on the fundamentals of baseball. Six new shows will be produced this season. First episode premieres April 9 at 11am. Subsequent episodes will premiere first Saturday of the month at 11am eastern (May - September).

NOTE: Additional video content that didn’t make it into the final edited versions of these television programs will be available exclusively on www.foxsportsflorida.com throughout the season.

The schedule of 150 Florida Marlins 2011 regional game telecasts will be announced at a later date.

For sure we will be at both of the Sunday games, plus the BoSox game. And I may make the Saturday game (conflicts with wife's schedule). But it's nice to know they will be televising more than is the norm.

There was an article in the PBP not long ago that both teams may not be here after I think 2015. Most teams are going to the west coast and it makes traveling a slight prob for ST. RDS is trying to get the teams to commit right now before they will spend county $$$ that is already allocated to renovations and the teams are saying it's too early to commit to that. They want to wait and see what and how many other teams make the move to west coast first. It's pretty much a big what if right now, but it is something to think about.

For sure we will be at both of the Sunday games, plus the BoSox game. And I may make the Saturday game (conflicts with wife's schedule). But it's nice to know they will be televising more than is the norm.

There was an article in the PBP not long ago that both teams may not be here after I think 2015. Most teams are going to the west coast and it makes traveling a slight prob for ST. RDS is trying to get the teams to commit right now before they will spend county $$ that is already allocated to renovations and the teams are saying it's too early to commit to that. They want to wait and see what and how many other teams make the move to west coast first. It's pretty much a big what if right now, but it is something to think about.

The games are on TV. Why would you go?

There was an article in the PBP not long ago that both teams may not be here after I think 2015. Most teams are going to the west coast and it makes traveling a slight prob for ST. RDS is trying to get the teams to commit right now before they will spend county $$ that is already allocated to renovations and the teams are saying it's too early to commit to that. They want to wait and see what and how many other teams make the move to west coast first. It's pretty much a big what if right now, but it is something to think about.

Prepare to be belittled.

There was an article in the PBP not long ago that both teams may not be here after I think 2015. Most teams are going to the west coast and it makes traveling a slight prob for ST. RDS is trying to get the teams to commit right now before they will spend county $ that is already allocated to renovations and the teams are saying it's too early to commit to that. They want to wait and see what and how many other teams make the move to west coast first. It's pretty much a big what if right now, but it is something to think about.

Am I right in saying I read the game against Boston will also be televised somewhere?

Television?

The games are in Jupiter. It's not like you need a passport to...oh wait.

Haha, on a related note there is a chance I may be visiting Miami in the summer so may be able to make my Marlins debut (watching live, not playing........).

For sure we will be at both of the Sunday games, plus the BoSox game. And I may make the Saturday game (conflicts with wife's schedule). But it's nice to know they will be televising more than is the norm.Op

There was an article in the PBP not long ago that both teams may not be here after I think 2015. Most teams are going to the west coast and it makes traveling a slight prob for ST. RDS is trying to get the teams to commit right now before they will spend county $ that is already allocated to renovations and the teams are saying it's too early to commit to that. They want to wait and see what and how many other teams make the move to west coast first. It's pretty much a big what if right now, but it is something to think about.

No doubt. The children must play.

Seems to me they should televise week day games, not the ones on the week ends when most folks are off and could attend. But then it sure is nice leaving any ball park and not having to deal with alot of traffic.

So you people go ahead and sit at home watching all the games on TV, throw tantrums every time someone mentions our poor attendance while going to other boards and telling their fans how bad their attendance is.

Prepare to be belittled.

I think hes setting bob up.

Classic.

Am I right in saying I read the game against Boston will also be televised somewhere?

Television?

Haha, on a related note there is a chance I may be visiting Miami in the summer so may be able to make my Marlins debut (watching live, not playing........).

Here in America, real fans go out on the field and play, when the team is struggling.

Television?

Here in America, real fans go out on the field and play, when the team is struggling.

Here in Scotland, real fans go out on the field and batter the f*ck out their "idols" when the team is struggling......

Television?

Here in Scotland, real fans go out on the field and batter the f*ck out their "idols" when the team is struggling......

Here in Antarctica, players freeze to death if they go 0-4.