4/3 - Marlins vs Mets - 1:05 PM

Last year, R.A. Dickey was a stunning revelation for the New York Mets in his first full season in the majors. Now, they're hoping the 36-year-old knuckleballer can continue providing a consistent presence in the rotation.

Some run support might go a long way.

Dickey makes his season debut as the Mets try to win consecutive road games over the Florida Marlins for the first time in almost two years when they conclude this three-game set Sunday.

Dickey was recalled from the minors in May and never looked back, setting a team record by winning his first six decisions with a 2.33 ERA over seven starts. The right-hander finished 11-9 with a 2.84 ERA, earning a two-year contract.

Dickey's success could have been greater with some run support. He received two or fewer runs in 13 starts, and the Mets (1-1) dropped 10 of them while he went 1-8 with a 3.16 ERA.

Dickey was 1-1 with a 6.38 ERA in three starts versus Florida (1-1).

The Mets showed potential offensively Saturday, collecting 13 hits in a 6-4, 10-inning win over the Marlins after dropping the opener 6-2 one night earlier.

"A win's a win, but at the same time, the way that we won it is important," third baseman David Wright said of New York scoring three in the top of the 10th after wasting a lead in the ninth. "To kind of lose it there late and come back the very next inning and get that momentum back on our side is impressive. From what I've seen being in the league, that's what winning teams do."

Wright had three hits Saturday, including a solo homer, and drove in Jose Reyes on an RBI single in the 10th before scoring on Willie Harris' two-run double later in the inning.

Wright has a .490 average with five homers, 11 RBIs and 15 runs over his last 12 meetings with Florida.

Harris might be back in the lineup after being used off the bench Saturday. Manager Terry Collins may opt to rest Carlos Beltran as he returns from knee surgery, which limited him to 64 games last year.

Beltran has two hits in this series, getting an RBI double Friday, while Harris is 5 for 8 over his last four visits to Miami.

"If I lose him for a couple days, I'll buy that, I can handle that," Collins told the team's official website. "So that means there's going to be some days off now. The one thing I don't want to do is push the envelope too early."

New York hasn't won consecutive road games at Sun Life Stadium since Aug. 27-Sept. 25, 2009, losing 10 of 13.

The Marlins are sending Javier Vazquez to the mound for his team debut after inking him to a one-year contract in December.

The right-hander went 10-10 with a 5.32 ERA with the New York Yankees last year. However, he endured a woeful final 12 games, going 1/3 with a 6.97 ERA in 12 games -- eight starts -- while losing his spot in the rotation.

Vazquez, though, has a 0.90 ERA in winning two of his last three starts against the Mets.

Logan Morrison has three RBIs in this series, getting two on a first-inning single Saturday. The left fielder has a hit in each of his seven games with New York, going 10 for 28 with one homer, five RBIs and 10 runs.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=310403128&teams=new-york-mets-vs-florida-marlins

whats the lineup

Coghlan CF

Infante 2B

Ramirez SS

Sanchez 1B

Morrison LF

Buck C

Bonifacio 3B

Cousins RF

Vazquez P

:|

Would you rather have Helms starting at 3B?

Nope. Just :|'ing at the fact that we've lost two starters in two days.

Yeah it sucks. But gotta make the best of it.