Stadium Name To Be Revealed Whenever They Feel Like It

gizmo

Maybe some of you have noticed but they box for the Park webcam has been changed to "Marlins Park Webcam". Its looking pretty good that this will be the Stadium name unless they get a sponser last minute.

Marlins Park is indeed the official name of the ballpark until a corporate sponsor comes along.

With a fantastic name like that, I hope that corporate sponsor takes it's time.

Marlins President David Samson during his weekly radio segment on 790 The Ticket said the club’s new Little Havana facility will be named Marlins Park until an agreement is reached with a sponsor. Here’s what Samson told Dan Le Batard and Stugotz about the process:

“We were down the road [in negotiations], then all of a sudden we signed some players and some more companies got interested and then the price started changing,� he said. “When you get into bigger numbers, it takes a lot longer to finish a long-term deal like that and I didn’t want to pressure anyone or myself. We’re happy to start with Marlins Park and see what happens.�

The new ballpark is 94 percent complete.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_baseball_marlins/2012/01/miami-marlins-prez-david-samson-says-stadium-name-will-be-marlins-park-for-now.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+marlinsblog+%28Florida+Marlins+%7C+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29