May 20, 201115 yr The Marlins lose a 2 game series to the Cubs. The Cubs have won the last 5 games in Miami and the last 6 overall against the Fish. Marlins left 22 men on base in the 2 game series against the Cubs. The Marlins have scored 13 runs in 5 games that is 2.6 runs per game and won't get it done. Tough 3 game set with the Rays starts tomorrow, hopefully we can at least get 2 of 3 against them. BTW: Gaby was safe on the last play of the game. ------- Good news is Hanley is starting to hit the ball another 2 hit game tonight. Stanton is King.
May 20, 201115 yr that was an atrocious series by the team. did everything possible to lose. did they not have a runner in scoring position 4 of the first 5 innings? especially on a night when the phillies lost. really bad play, they should not be proud of that showing against a whatever cubs team.
May 20, 201115 yr Author Our offense is an insult to baseball. Ctina you said something in the game day thread about the cubs and I am going to put it in my sig, lol Scratch that, it was comical but not sig worthy, I just thought it was funny. People choose to spend their money on things that have value to them. Maybe none of the Cubs merchandise means anything to anyone. :lol
May 20, 201115 yr Phew... Phillies, Braves and Fish lost tonight game. We received another chance to climb up.
May 20, 201115 yr This team is embarrassing me right now. They shouldn't be be. We're a top 5 team record wise in baseball. I know we're struggling right now, but it's a long season. Stretches like this will happen.
May 20, 201115 yr Author This team is embarrassing me right now. They shouldn't be be. We're a top 5 team record wise in baseball. I know we're struggling right now, but it's a long season. Stretches like this will happen. As a veteran in watching baseball as i'm sure most of you are, this is true; stretches of bad baseball will happen but in all fairness we did leave 22 men on base in the 2 game series, and it's not like we didn't have chances constantly just couldn't get the job done. Badenhop has had a nice visit but I think it's time for him to go back down too. (Obv, once Hensley returns, in his dominating 2010 8th inning fashion)
May 20, 201115 yr we did leave 22 men on base in the 2 game series, and it's not like we didn't have chances constantly just couldn't get the job done. Stuff happens. We had a terrible stretch like this near the beginning of the season with RISP and runners on. We bounced back from that too.
May 20, 201115 yr Our offense is an insult to baseball. Ctina you said something in the game day thread about the cubs and I am going to put it in my sig, lol Scratch that, it was comical but not sig worthy, I just thought it was funny. People choose to spend their money on things that have value to them. Maybe none of the Cubs merchandise means anything to anyone. :lol :lol I'm touched you even considered it! =]
May 20, 201115 yr I just hope they give coghlan the day off tomorrow, he has not looked good lately. I know he had a stretch in there where he was just unlucky, but today he was trying to hard, not being patient.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.