OT: ESPN MLB Franchise Player Draft

ESPN is having a draft with some of their writers where they are drafting what they feel are the best franchise players in baseball - if you were starting fresh and had to pick a guy, who would it be

So far 3 marlins are off the board (probably the only 3 that will go in round 1) - JJ, Hanley & Stanton

Kind of interesting to read some of the discussion it sparked

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=110601franchisedraft

Heyward 7th? Give me a break

Yeah! He plays for a team I don't like, so he can't be good, even if he is coming off a 5 WAR season as a 20 year old. What a bum!

How about this season where he is playing/played with a WAR under 1? Not to mention the fact that hes always hurt? Hes going to be a good player but 7th is too high

Heyward 7th? Give me a break

Yeah! He plays for a team I don't like, so he can't be good, even if he is coming off a 5 WAR season as a 20 year old. What a bum!

How about this season where he is playing/played with a WAR under 1? Not to mention the fact that hes always hurt? Hes going to be a good player but 7th is too high

He's been hurt this year. Criticizing him for that is stupid.

Who would you pick ahead of him? He's young, cheap, and productive. I'd consider taking him first.