Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 College Football Thread

Featured Replies

Crazy day. I'm getting fed up with the BCS, but I think that what's happening now will be good for the future.

 

I don't mind the BCS at all. I like some things that come out of it. For example, as it is now, every game from week 1 on has the feel of a playoff game because if you lose you're likely out of the championship game. That wouldn't be the case with a playoff system. I bet if there was an 8 or 16 team playoff system in place that the regular season ratings would decline quite a bit.

Self imposed bowl ban for Miami.

 

This team is more talented than the upcoming teams will be and they barely made bowl eligibility so the NCAA ban may not even ban anything.

Crazy day. I'm getting fed up with the BCS, but I think that what's happening now will be good for the future.

 

I don't mind the BCS at all. I like some things that come out of it. For example, as it is now, every game from week 1 on has the feel of a playoff game because if you lose you're likely out of the championship game. That wouldn't be the case with a playoff system. I bet if there was an 8 or 16 team playoff system in place that the regular season ratings would decline quite a bit.

Probably, but the playoff games would have better ratings than the bowl games, too, probably.

Self imposed bowl ban for Miami.

 

This team is more talented than the upcoming teams will be and they barely made bowl eligibility so the NCAA ban may not even ban anything.

 

Lebatard made a comment yesterday that Miami had the #1 recruiting class in 2008--Miami's seniors. His point was it was much harder to gauge atheletic ability at the high school level than the college level.

Self imposed bowl ban for Miami.

 

This team is more talented than the upcoming teams will be and they barely made bowl eligibility so the NCAA ban may not even ban anything.

 

Lebatard made a comment yesterday that Miami had the #1 recruiting class in 2008--Miami's seniors. His point was it was much harder to gauge atheletic ability at the high school level than the college level.

Colleges do a pretty good job gauging the ability of HS players. For example, when teams with mostly 4 and 5 star guys play teams with mostly 2 and 3 star guys the team with mostly 4 and 5 star guys wins the overwhelming majority of the time.

A complete travashamockery that Marvin McNutt isn't a Biletnikoff semi-finalist.

Crazy day. I'm getting fed up with the BCS, but I think that what's happening now will be good for the future.

 

I don't mind the BCS at all. I like some things that come out of it. For example, as it is now, every game from week 1 on has the feel of a playoff game because if you lose you're likely out of the championship game. That wouldn't be the case with a playoff system. I bet if there was an 8 or 16 team playoff system in place that the regular season ratings would decline quite a bit.

 

Can you imagine a top 16 college football bracket playoffs? It'll be the most exciting thing ever in college sports, and it'll last a month!

 

Dammit NCAA, just make a damn playoff system and let your 16+ ranked teams have their 'bowl games' if you want, much like the NIT in college basketball.

16 teams and 4 extra games is far too much. I think that it should be either 8 or 4 teams. Otherwise, you drain too much value from the regular season. Teams with 3+ losses should not have any chance of getting into the playoffs, and they would if you took 16 teams.

Can you imagine a top 16 college football bracket playoffs? It'll be the most exciting thing ever in college sports, and it'll last a month!

You don't have to imagine it. Just look at the lower college football divisions.

If you have a 4, 8 or 16 team playoff you'll have more teams whining about being overlooked than under the current system. I wouldn't mind a 4 team playoff as the regular season would still feel like a playoff from week 1.

If you have a 4, 8 or 16 team playoff you'll have more teams whining about being overlooked than under the current system. I wouldn't mind a 4 team playoff as the regular season would still feel like a playoff from week 1.

 

One benefit there would be to make every game for a team like Boise really important, too, because they'd have to run the table convincingly to break the top 4, but they seem never able to break the top 2.

Went to the Florida-Florida State game yesterday. What a joke on Senior Day. Can't say I didn't see it coming. I knew it would be ugly, but I went anyway. My favorite stat of the night: Senior running back Jeff Demps -- one of the fastest men in the country -- four rushes for -8 yards. Jeff F*cking Demps. Rushed for -8 yards. And don't get me started on John Brantley with his three picks in the first half. This team doesn't deserve to play in the Toilet Bowl.

  • Author

Went to the Florida-Florida State game yesterday. What a joke on Senior Day. Can't say I didn't see it coming. I knew it would be ugly, but I went anyway. My favorite stat of the night: Senior running back Jeff Demps -- one of the fastest men in the country -- four rushes for -8 yards. Jeff F*cking Demps. Rushed for -8 yards. And don't get me started on John Brantley with his three picks in the first half. This team doesn't deserve to play in the Toilet Bowl.

 

 

 

I guess it's to no one's surprise now as to why Urban bolted. His last few classes don't look good at all.

 

 

And Muschamp doesn't seem to popular with the Gators' fan base.

Gator fans really have it in for John Brantley. But there are no competent QBs to even replace him next year.

 

I think Muschamp is going to get more support from the fans in the wake of the Urban Meyer situation. Meyer knew the players were complacent and entitled and that the program was "broken" when he "retired," but he was untruthful about his departure, and that's what has Gator Nation really ticked off. He said he had health problems and wanted to spend more time with his family, particularly his children. Instead of going to his kids' games, he traveled the country for ESPN the whole year until the Ohio State opportunity arose. All the while he carelessly left this mess of a team to a first-time head coach. If anything, the dedicated Gator fans will rally around, or continue to rally around, Muschamp. Right now his main goal is to out-charm Jimbo Fisher on the recruiting trail.

Anyone calling New Mexico over Boise State tonight?

 

If you don't see it, it's obvious you don't know football.

 

 

Can't tell if srs.

Anyone calling New Mexico over Boise State tonight?

 

If you don't see it, it's obvious you don't know football.

 

 

Can't tell if srs.

 

Sarcasm.

 

Minor miracle we only lost by 45.

The two best teams are in.

 

If there was a four team playoff the controversy between Stanford / Oregon would be off the charts.

 

If there was an eight team playoff the controversy between a handful of teams for the final couple of spots would be off the charts.

Nothing will ring in the new year like taking an ass-beating from Oklahoma. Can't for this season to end

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.