Fiasco : Marlins en Miami store today !

Old Timer

Went to the Marlins en Miami store this morning and what a joke. John Buck, a really nice guy, very gracious and very much a gentleman was sitting at the store, all by himself, no one around, no one even trying to speak to him. Meanwhile there are about 40 people standing in line trying to buy new Marlins gear, and their computer system is down, and the employees are having a loud argument about how to sell to the customers without credit cards, and cash only and did the employees know how to make change, etc.

I felt sorry for John Buck, as he looked extremely embarrassed and you could see him thinking to himself, "Why am I here, why did I give up my Saturday for this ?".

Hopefully if I can get the pics off of my phone I will have them on here. I may need some technical help with that.

I met John Buck at an event once and chatted him up. Extremely nice guy. Talked about how his Opening Day grand slam broke up a fight in my section quicker than security.

And then some random Blue Jay fans came in and their eyes lit up as John Buck was there haha.

I don't get why people complain about him. He's an average offensive catcher with some power who is really good at calling games.

Poor guy. I'd have probably sat and had a conversation with him if I were there.

I did I chatted with him for 3 or 4 minutes. I wanted to spend more time but my wife wanted to go to The Shoppes of Merrick and was pressing me. He is very, very nice, and humble. From what I saw a true gentleman.

I met John Buck at an event once and chatted him up. Extremely nice guy. Talked about how his Opening Day grand slam broke up a fight in my section quicker than security.

And then some random Blue Jay fans came in and their eyes lit up as John Buck was there haha.

I don't get why people complain about him. He's an average offensive catcher with some power who is really good at calling games.

I don't know why some here have a hard on for him. Yes he isn't a star catcher, but he is pretty much average with the bat at times, has a little bit of power, and he handles a pitching staff better than I have seen anyone since Pudge.

I urge everyone to go see him if he is making an appearance. It seems like he is very nice and likes to chat with the fans, and doesn't have any "prima donna" in him at all.

He has a guaranteed $18 million contract. It's hard for me to feel "sorry" for him to have to sit in a store all day.

Well he was only supposed to be there from 11:30am to 12:30pm. I got there around 11:45 and was gone before clock struck 12 and he was still there, sipping on some bottled water and twiddling his thumbs. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.