New Batting Helmet

canada-marlin24

All it looks like is a marlins patch embroidered to the helmet. Doesn't look bad. I'll end up picking one up.

Why would you make something look embroidered when there is nothing actually embroidered? That's why it looks bad.

Also, that logo is still way too f***ing huge.

All it looks like is a marlins patch embroidered to the helmet. Doesn't look bad. I'll end up picking one up.

Why would you make something look embroidered when there is nothing actually embroidered? That's why it looks bad.

This is the comment with the picture.

"Kinda cool: #Marlins new batting helmet from Rawlings has embroidered logo on front. #Cubs only other team with this."

But Penguino here's the question, would you like it even if it was the typical sticker considering you dont like the logo.

This is the comment with the picture.

"Kinda cool: #Marlins new batting helmet from Rawlings has embroidered logo on front. #Cubs only other team with this."

But Penguino here's the question, would you like it even if it was the typical sticker considering you dont like the logo.

I'm not talking about the design. I'm saying that the size of the logo and the fake embroidery are offensive on the eyes, no matter how good the design is.

I'd also like to see a close-up of a Cubs helmet, because I don't think it looks like that.

We're the big M.

Big M on the hats, big M on the chest, big M on the helmets. Big M on all of the signed free agents. Big M everywhere. Even rosin can't obliterate a big M on a helmet, no matter how hard they try.

I'd be surprised if they didn't do a giant big M in the outfield grass.

Love the big M. And be happy that it's not a big L.

I didn't like it when the Cubs did it and I don't really like it now. I don't think it's "hideous" or "offensive", but it's just weird to me. Doesn't make any sense.

Do you have a picture of the Cubs helmet? I believe you, but I'd like to see it. I can't find one that looks embroidered.

The Cubs use the same method, its' so the parts that need to be raised are raised. In this case, I'm sure it was done to make sure the correct colors are on the helmet as they are on the hat, the blue, orange and yellow are a unique color and probably didn't come out right on printed stickers.

I didn't like it when the Cubs did it and I don't really like it now. I don't think it's "hideous" or "offensive", but it's just weird to me. Doesn't make any sense.

Do you have a picture of the Cubs helmet? I believe you, but I'd like to see it. I can't find one that looks embroidered.

Up so close with a camera phone you can't really appreciate how it looks on screen or even in person.

Here's one http://www.carlscard...20110520362.gif

and another.

The Cubs use the same method, its' so the parts that need to be raised are raised. In this case, I'm sure it was done to make sure the correct colors are on the helmet as they are on the hat, the blue, orange and yellow are a unique color and probably didn't come out right on printed stickers.

Oh, so it is actually stitched? I thought the sticker was actually smooth, but made to look stitched...

I can't find a good picture of it, as the picture of ours is specifically meant to show it, but they do the same thing. I remember a few years back Geovany Soto had a problem with them because his catcher's mask would tear the logo off the helmet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.