Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2012 Slogan Discussion

Featured Replies

Round 2 posted. For any that advanced in two brackets, I moved one of them along and then took the next highest one in the other bracket.

 

Hopefully I didn't screw any up.

 

 

any thought of keeping them in brackets until it's down to like the top 5 or 10 or something? or is it possible to allow for 3 votes maybe?

any thought of keeping them in brackets until it's down to like the top 5 or 10 or something?

 

 

Thought about it but I went with what I did last year which was this method. I think once it gets down to 30, taking the top 10 of 30 works pretty well.

MarlinsBaseball com: January Madness

 

Edit: Also, EXCELSIOR

Petition to ban "Cool. Miami. International."

 

Seriously, I find it very silly to use an already used slogan. That wont represent MB.com.

 

I'd rather have EXCELSIOR.

Yeah, the good slogans are losing. (Were dead serious, EXCELSIOR)

Tier A is infinitely better than Tier B. So that being said, no need to lobby for anything in Tier B!

 

Making Waves ! (and We're Dead Serious secondary!)

Since EXCELSIOR is gone...

 

We're Dead Serious!!

My vote is for "We're Dead Serious!!" It's become a basically board-generated meme, plus it derived from the team itself. And it fits the season. I think the "personal" aspect of it just about overrides any other "clever" options. And no other choices are quite as mellifluous and apropos as The Teal Finale.

I just don't like the sarcastic undertone in "We're Dead Serious". I like to think of the slogan and the image of MB being that of a serious one despite how fun loving and sarcastic its members may be.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.