Bryce Harper to Debut on Saturday

Michael

What sort of power does Harper project to have in his peak?

Just to give an idea - at 17 years old in 66 games at a Junior College, swinging a wood bat, he hit .443/.526/.987 with 31 homers and 98 RBI. Now obviously that's not close to major league pitching, but ... should still give an idea of sorts.

I'd say he could, conservatively, be a 30-35 homer guy. The average will probably be low to start off, but I think he can be a .280 guy, in that area.

You said he's "supposedly the best MLB prospect of all-time" when it's debatable that he's even the best right now.

There are lists with Harper at 1, but I've seen lists with Trout at 1, too. Before the year began, there were lists with Matt Moore at 1, as well.

As of right now, Trout was mashing in the minors and Harper was struggling. Just like Harper, Trout made his debut in the big leagues last year at the age of 19. They're both special talents.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.