Heath Bell "injury"

Erick

He won't have to fake the injury if Zambrano gets to him

Is that 3 wins he's blown for Big Z already?

Yup.

I agree with whomever in the gamethread said we should just make him a bartender at the Clevelander permanently.

And at 9 million a year, he better be Sam ****ing Malone.

He won't have to fake the injury if Zambrano gets to him

Is that 3 wins he's blown for Big Z already?

Yup.

I agree with whomever in the gamethread said we should just make him a bartender at the Clevelander permanently.

And at 9 million a year, he better be Sam ****ing Malone.

I'd prefer Sam Calagione, but that's just me.

Ozzie isn't willing to commit to Bell remaining as closer...

Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen was noncommittal Wednesday when asked whether Heath Bell is still his closer.

"My job is to win games," Guillen told reporters after Bell yielded two runs on three hits Wednesday against the Giants. "I'm going to put the best guy we think is doing the job there. This is a tough call to any position because we spend a lot of money on this kid (Bell). I've got to put my best guy out there, and right now he's not our best guy." Steve Cishek is worth grabbing in most fantasy leagues. Edward Mujica could also see save chances.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2012/05/old-zambrano-would-have-thrown-a-fit-after-latest-bell-collapse.html

Well, forget my last post...

Ozzie now says he's sticking with Bell as closer.

Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen told reporters Thursday that he's sticking with Heath Bell at closer.

"We're a better team with Bell closing," Guillen said. "There's no doubt. That's what we want. That's what I want." The 34-year-old right-hander has allowed 12 runs on 13 hits in 7 2/3 innings this season for an 11.74 ERA and stands just 3-for-6 in save opportunities. But the Fish are tied to him for the next three years at a whopping $27 million and apparently aren't willing to throw in the towel until things turn really ugly. Steve Cishek, Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica will remain in setup roles for now.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2012/05/ozzie-guillen-sticking-with-heath-bell-as-closer.html

Well, forget my last post...

Ozzie now says he's sticking with Bell as closer.

Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen told reporters Thursday that he's sticking with Heath Bell at closer.

"We're a better team with Bell closing," Guillen said. "There's no doubt. That's what we want. That's what I want." The 34-year-old right-hander has allowed 12 runs on 13 hits in 7 2/3 innings this season for an 11.74 ERA and stands just 3-for-6 in save opportunities. But the Fish are tied to him for the next three years at a whopping $27 million and apparently aren't willing to throw in the towel until things turn really ugly. Steve Cishek, Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica will remain in setup roles for now.

http://miamiherald.t...-as-closer.html

Big ass mistake ... I'd give him one strike - the moment the first person gets on base against him, it becomes Cishek time