Heath Bell "injury"

Erick

The Marlins need to fake an injury for Heath Bell much like they did for Kevin Gregg once upon a time when he sucked.

Something is not right; he looks absolutely terrible. There's not a single positive out of his performances so far. He just really sucks right now.

They can't demote him because he makes a sh*tload of money so it's best to fake an injury at this point.

and today was exactly what I wanted Ozzie to do, get him in a non-save situation and let him work it out.

well actually maybe not today, they'd actually scratched back within 2 runs so the outcome was still in doubt...

Didn't see any sign of things getting better. Just yuck.

and today was exactly what I wanted Ozzie to do, get him in a non-save situation and let him work it out.

well actually maybe not today, they'd actually scratched back within 2 runs so the outcome was still in doubt...

Didn't see any sign of things getting better. Just yuck.

Ozzie's postgame show should be fun.

I think this is a time to utilize patience. I think Bell will come around in time. Don't need to make rash decisions based on a months worth of work.

I think you can only have so much patience with your closer. If not for the money he's making and what he's done in the past, he would've been demoted already.

Everything about him is terrible at this point.

You can be patient with the hitters and say that, at times, they're running into some bad luck.

Bell is a different case. Not only has he blown 3 saves already but his ERA is over 11, his WHIP after today is probably over 3, he has more walks than strikeouts...he can barely even generate a swinging strike.

Beinfest just said on 790 that he isn't worried about velocity. Just his control.

does that mean he's not worried about it, i.e. confident the velocity will come back?

or not worried about it, in that he feels Bell can still be dominant with 2-3 mph lost on the fastball?

I mean it's not like it's never been done before...but that's a pretty big piece of your arsenal missing I would imagine...