More Heath Bell drama

Erick

There was one thing Heath said that I liked:

“To Ozzie’s credit, I haven’t earned the right to get myself out of jams because I haven’t shown him that I can get myself out of a jam. So he did the best thing he did for the team and he brought (Cishek) in and we got a win, and that’s really what it boils down to, is wins.

I don’t feel like I’m going to lose my job but the only thing I can say is to his credit I have not earned my right in a Marlins uniform to get myself out of a jam. I’ve gotten myself out of many jams in the past but I haven’t earned that right in a Marlins uniform."

Loria was fuming at the game last night as heath hell was sucking. When steve went into the bullpen after the win Loria said something to him. Probably gj or something like that. Was a cool moment. He also wiped his brow and made many phew gestures after the win.

I've seen people say that Loria had a priceless face last night as Bell was running off the mound, but I never saw it. Anyone have a picture of it?

http://www.utsandieg...bounding-miami/

“Something happened to me this year,� he said. “(It was in) the beginning of the year, before I got out here. I didn’t realize it (but) I kind of lost myself. I was struggling with some things personally.

“The Lord made me suffer for a while, then I found myself again. It was just something where I was completely lost. You won’t find out what happened personally.�

Something has to happen here.....who's thinking a "fake" injury to the DL to let him clear his head and see if he can come back with a little bit of his old mojo back. Whatever this is by him is pathetic

It worked for Roy Halladay in 2000! Then again he had a great guy working with him and redoing his delivery, but I'm sure someone can do that for Heathrow.

You can only blame Bell so much for being terrible. It's not as if he's trying to be bad.

The people making the decision to use him, however, is another matter entirely. I've said it before; the level of stupidity is incomprehensible. Like something out of this world.

You can only blame Bell so much for being terrible. It's not as if he's trying to be bad.

The people making the decision to use him, however, is another matter entirely. I've said it before; the level of stupidity is incomprehensible. Like something out of this world.

If you read the many many Ozzie and company comments about Heath Bell then you'd realize why they're continuing to use him in such situations. You can debate whether you'd do the same thing, but can we please stop with this "why are they using him? It makes no sense!" when they've explained it countless times. Sure, we don't agree, but that's not the same as not understanding.

Bell was today's "Fish of the Game." I could tell by looking at Ozzie's face that Bell has finally driven Ozzie insane, which means Bell's days are numbered and something will happen soon.

What do you see happening

I don't know, but Ozzie has had enough of Bell. This is not just me saying it.

Last night Bell criticized Ozzie in that interview because Ozzie gave a talk to Bell about his pitch selection, telling him that he needed to step things up. Bell was stupid enough to question Ozzie's managerial decisions. You do not criticize your manager when you are the problem. Bell should have kept his mouth shut.

When Ozzie went out there to get Bell, you could see it in his face that he has had enough and can't stand Bell. So something has got to give. Bell is an arrogant SOB who had no business criticizing Ozzie when the problem is Bell himself.

http://www.palmbeach...medium=facebook

Guest Guest

Probably in the minority but I feel bad for Heath.

It's hard for me to feel bad for him when he is guaranteed $27 million regardless of how poorly he performs.

You gotta use Heath Bell, that's just a fact. Only using him in blowouts or keeping him out of the bullpen entirely is stupid.

However, it's gotten to the point where he's gotta be taken out of the closer role until he can prove he can keep his pitches down and stop throwing ducks that get smacked.

They need to move him to the Mujica/Webb role for now, and move everybody else up accordingly (with Cishek becoming the closer, as he has obviously earned the job with his performance for the last two years).

Guest Guest

You gotta use Heath Bell, that's just a fact. Only using him in blowouts or keeping him out of the bullpen entirely is stupid.

However, it's gotten to the point where he's gotta be taken out of the closer role until he can prove he can keep his pitches down and stop throwing ducks that get smacked.

They need to move him to the Mujica/Webb role for now, and move everybody else up accordingly (with Cishek becoming the closer, as he has obviously earned the job with his performance for the last two years).

How about no more "roles?" That's the problem. Choate got the final two outs because the match-ups worked in his favor.

How about no more "roles?" That's the problem. Choate got the final two outs because the match-ups worked in his favor.

So we only bring Bell in to pitch to the bottom of the other team's lineup, and only in the 7th or 8th inning?

People who keep saying "you gotta use Heath Bell" are simply boggling my mind. We should not CARE what this guy is making. Its not fair to ANYONE that they keep trotting him out there to potentially lose games. And you cannot assume that this guy will EVER become the "good" Heath Bell again (we have yet to see it this year).

Guest Guest

The problem is that with the way he's pitching now, there are very few situations were he should be used. That's why I think he needs to go on the DL for a couple of weeks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.