2012 First Year Player Draft

NOTtheILMarlins

From what I heard, Correa is an elite talent.

It's hard for me to say who I want, considering last year I said a few players I want, and the team took this kid Christian Yelich, who I've never heard of. Same goes for when they took Jose Fernandez. And the picks turned out to be great picks. I'll just let it unfold and see who we take.

Seems like we love H.S players...Anyone really follows the draft?

Yes, the Marlins have been known to pick high school players and they also seem to love prep players which makes me think it's going to come down to one of the two left handers Max Fried and Andrew Heaney.

Andrew Heaney is more developed and has already completed college. Not to mention he was picked in the 24th round of the 2009 draft by the Rays, the fact that he is now projected to go in the first round as opposed to the 24th just a few years ago means he proved he has the stuff to pitch in the majors.

Could mean Mike Zunnino is passed on by Seattle and falls down the board a bit.

If Zunino is still available, do you think we try and get him?

Or would Kansas City or ChiCubs take him?

I know the Marlins are really high on Max Fried, so I can't say for sure.

Highly doubt Zunino gets by KC, and the Pirates would snatch him in a second. Would be pretty shocked if he's available at the Marlins pick.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.