Mike Cervenak?

Ok, yes this guy is 35 and has only had like 10 games played in the majors but he OPSed .828 last year and he's absolutely killing it in AAA right now with a .991 OPS. He has a career .809 minor league OPS. If he comes up and performs anywhere near that, he could be the extra bat we're looking for without having to give anything from our thin as sh*t system up. If not, he can go back down. It's not like we can get much worse than we are right now. At least I hope not.

So pretty much what I'm saying is why not? I'm sure there's someone on the 40-man that can go to make room for him. He's the same age as a guy we've been rumored to be looking at in Carlos Lee. Would be a hell of a feel good story if he got a chance and stuck.

edit: Yes, that was me whose e-mail got read at the end of the game tonight.

No way.

He's basically a career minor leaguer who has been there long enough to the point where he managed to finally put up some decent numbers. There's really no reason to believe that this success will translate into major league success, let alone the "bat the Marlins need."

The Marlins have nobody else in their system right now that will upgrade the bats they already have in the line-up. They will need to look externally to find offense. AAAA players like Cervenak will do absolutely nothing.

No way.

He's basically a career minor leaguer who has been there long enough to the point where he managed to finally put up some decent numbers. There's really no reason to believe that this success will translate into major league success, let alone the "bat the Marlins need."

The Marlins have nobody else in their system right now that will upgrade the bats they already have in the line-up. They will need to look externally to find offense. AAAA players like Cervenak will do absolutely nothing.

How bad has he been in the Major Leagues?

No way.

How bad has he been in the Major Leagues?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. His minor league career dictates that he's almost certainly not cut out for the major leagues. The Marlins know this and that's why you won't see Cervenak promoted.

The guy is AAA filler and nothing more. It's pretty ridiculous to think of him as anything more than that.