2012-2013 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Dr Beinfest

Bruce Garrioch

Quote:

Lots of teams are waiting to see where the dominos fall with Vancouver G Roberto Luongo before making a move for a netminder. Canucks GM Mike Gillis has told several teams he's not doing anything until he gets his asking price. Yes, the Edmonton Oilers have what it takes to acquire Luongo, but he wouldn't approve a trade there. The Panthers don't want to make a deal unless Gillis is willing to take cash back. The Canucks know the pressure is mounting in some markets to win and they'll find a desperate GM trying to save his job, maybe even Washington or Philly.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/26/...ter-slow-start

In his interview with Cam Cole he mentioned about teams saying they're offering good players / prospects, but saying they need to take "contract" back, meaning Florida

I saw the above and it made sense, figured others might want to see it too. Makes sense the Marlins, I mean Panthers want the Canucks to take money back in return but what money could we possibly be sending them?

It might be more fun for personal reasons, but you guys do realize that the team is still going to lose, right?

Did anyone bother to check out our new lines this morning for tomorrow's game?

Huberdeau-Mueller-Santorelli

Fleischmann-Kopecky-Versteeg

Laughable.

Bruce Garrioch

Quote:

Lots of teams are waiting to see where the dominos fall with Vancouver G Roberto Luongo before making a move for a netminder. Canucks GM Mike Gillis has told several teams he's not doing anything until he gets his asking price. Yes, the Edmonton Oilers have what it takes to acquire Luongo, but he wouldn't approve a trade there. The Panthers don't want to make a deal unless Gillis is willing to take cash back. The Canucks know the pressure is mounting in some markets to win and they'll find a desperate GM trying to save his job, maybe even Washington or Philly.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/26/...ter-slow-start

In his interview with Cam Cole he mentioned about teams saying they're offering good players / prospects, but saying they need to take "contract" back, meaning Florida

I saw the above and it made sense, figured others might want to see it too. Makes sense the Marlins, I mean Panthers want the Canucks to take money back in return but what money could we possibly be sending them?

I'm not understanding the cheapskate jabs at the Panthers. They've never had issues with spending money. They're not the max spenders by any means, but they're far from the New York Islanders fighting to reach the floor every year. They're a budget team, sure, but in the NHL every team is a budget team. You're freaking retarded if you take on Roberto Luongo's cap hit without moving some cash the other way. Gillis want's to move his overpaid goalie with a massive cap hit, get top prospects, AND relieve his team of the cap hit? Guy's fucking insane.

It was more of it being the usual in South Florida,like the heat Pre Lebron and the Phins occasionally.

I don't think we have anything past 2 years with money on it, Brian Campbell is about it.

And Campbell for Luongo isn't bad for the Canucks so I wonder why they won't take it. I just hope the Cats aren't offering him.

Louuuuu

How is that going to help this team? Whether we have Luongo or not we will be just as bad except if we trade for Luongo we will have less of whatever we send over to Vancouver in a trade.

Because it will be more fun than watching this team play right now.Right now? What about looking beyond the next month, when the fun will wear off (if there is any in the first place)? Then the Canucks will still have our assets and we will be stuck with Luongo. We can't have a do over in real life.

It was more of it being the usual in South Florida,like the heat Pre Lebron and the Phins occasionally.

I don't think we have anything past 2 years with money on it, Brian Campbell is about it.

And Campbell for Luongo isn't bad for the Canucks so I wonder why they won't take it. I just hope the Cats aren't offering him.

Bahahahahahahahahaha

The Canucks won't take it because the Panthers aren't stupid enough to offer that. Why in the world would you want to trade Brian Campbell?

It might be more fun for personal reasons, but you guys do realize that the team is still going to lose, right?

Did anyone bother to check out our new lines this morning for tomorrow's game?

Huberdeau-Mueller-Santorelli

Fleischmann-Kopecky-Versteeg

Laughable.

Shouldn't those be flipped? I can't wait for Goc to come back.

I think mueller and huberdeau will start to get their legs under them and will start to perform.

But guys like goc and bergenheim do a lot of things rights and we need them badly. Apparently, Gudbranson shouldn't be out more than a few days.

I think we have a very good team but guys just aren't playing up to par right now.

Bahahahahahahahahaha

The Canucks won't take it because the Panthers aren't stupid enough to offer that. Why in the world would you want to trade Brian Campbell? I was so wondering what money we could send and Campbell was all the money I could think of.

If the Canucks don't want to take on the money, and all we really have is Campbell, why won't they take Campbell.

I did say I don't want to cats to trade him, the last line in my last post.

Bahahahahahahahahaha

The Canucks won't take it because the Panthers aren't stupid enough to offer that. Why in the world would you want to trade Brian Campbell?I was so wondering what money we could send and Campbell was all the money I could think of.

If the Canucks don't want to take on the money, and all we really have is Campbell, why won't they take Campbell.

Scottie Upshall

Bahahahahahahahahaha

The Canucks won't take it because the Panthers aren't stupid enough to offer that. Why in the world would you want to trade Brian Campbell?I was so wondering what money we could send and Campbell was all the money I could think of.

Scottie Upshall

yeah i was really excited about upshall when we signed him but he is more use to us tweeting and for his girlfriend then anything else so far.

I was so wondering what money we could send and Campbell was all the money I could think of.

Upshall, Bergenheim, Jovo.

Of course Upshall has the NTC and Jovo too, and he was just named captain...

We're wasting our time unless Upshall will waive.

Of course the Canucks would take Campbell. Why the hell would the Panthers trade arguably their best player and certainly their best defender? His salary doesn't matter, he is an integral part of this team. You're way, way off if you think the name Campbell belongs in a trade consideration for Luongo. The only thing of value that could potentially be going Vancouver's way is a prospect, and that's only in the case that they're willing to take money back.

Basically,

Upshall, mid prospect, 3rd/4th Luongo

would be the deal that the Panthers are willing to make.

Bahahahahahahahahaha

At this point, does it really matter who is in goal? We can't score.

Dale should purge like he did two years ago re-stock up and run all rookies/2nd year players next season.

Purge who exactly? Guys like Upshall and Kuba, sure. Maybe even Kulikov and Weiss. But I'd rather keep players like Flash and Versteeg around.

Dale should purge like he did two years ago re-stock up and run all rookies/2nd year players next season.

Purge who exactly? Guys like Upshall and Kuba, sure. Maybe even Kulikov and Weiss. But I'd rather keep players like Flash and Versteeg around.

Upshall, Kuba, Weiss, Kulikov. That's four major players. That's purging.