Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bullpen options?

Featured Replies

Since Beinfest said we are not likely to sign Urbina, it also seems like we wont be signing a closer prob b/c of payroll constraints. What cheap options are out there that we can get. On a side note, we should let go Tejera and sign back Juan Alvarez who is also a lefty...i remember him playing great in spring training and in limited action during the season had a 3.09 ERA.

I think we must spent some bucks on a good closer.

 

Worst it can happen, is seeing our pitching stressed and working extra because no lead is save.

We're looking at Jose Jimenez and Mike DeJean, who would both be affordable options in the pen. We might find a way to get Urbina back, but that is not a priority at this time.

i think were gonna get some good and cheap guys...

 

anyone know some guys who we might think about getting?

Say no to Alvarez and Bring Helling and Fox back.

 

those are 2 key players from our bullpen. Without them we would be back to the Losing seasons we Once had.

 

We can keep Tejera. He is valuable, he can go alot of innings for us.

 

Now Release Almanza....thats a must.

I think Looper will come in as closer just like last year I think, and I think we will try and pick up a big name closer mid-season. (Maybe Percival if the Angels struggle, this is the last year of his contract.)

 

Once AJ comes back we'll be able to stick Phelps in the long relief role. I'm pretty sure Helling will not be back. I would really like to pick up a lefty in the pen. (maybe in a deal for Encarnacion or Redman). I don't know what you guys think, but I don't think we should bring back Tejera. The only thing he is good for is long relief and I would much rather have Phelps in that role. Fox will come in as the set-up man. Then you have Bump. Then I think Neal will get one more chance at the beginning of the season, to see if he can pitch in the big leagues.

I personally would not mind Alvarez in the pen. He is solid.

i dont know i think we will pick up a replacement closer like dejean but AJ will be closing the games until he they feel he is able to return to his starter duties...they will try this because if hes healthy enough to pitch but not start why not put him in for an inning and over power the other team like gagne and smoltz

Just a reminder....

 

We definately will be needing some bullpen help, (I'd like to get one veteran at around 1 or 2 mill, in addition to bringing Loop back at a fair price) but if nothing major happens, it's still something that can be added at a later date. I am most concerned with getting all 5 starters back. Bullpen arms are always available.

 

I mean take a look at what we started last season with!

 

Looper - solid closer, eventually lost job

Spoony - TJ surgery, only pitched a month or so...

Vlad Nunez - terrible

Almanza - terrible

Tejera - poor

Neal - demoted

 

Sometimes these things work themselves out.

Scott Sanders= Long Relief

Scott Sanders=Garbage

 

:w00t Had some solid numbers in AAA. Has pitched in the Majors before and can do it again. Why does everyone doubt Scott Sanders ability to make the roster?

i dont know i think we will pick up a replacement closer like dejean but AJ will be closing the games until he they feel he is able to return to his starter duties...they will try this because if hes healthy enough to pitch but not start why not put him in for an inning and over power the other team like gagne and smoltz

the thing is

 

say AJ dominates as a closer, he aint moving back to the rotation EVER

 

his arm is too good to waste

I dont want to see AJ in bullpen ever. Ever...I mean ever. We need to let him heal, rehab at minor league level - then bring him up after ASB. I dont think he will be ready till then - at least, I hope we dont rush him back. Last I heard, he has begun throwing off the mound for some time now. Just dont rush him back...and dont waste him in the pen....

I dont want to see AJ in bullpen ever. Ever...I mean ever.

afreakinmen

yea i would agree to waste his arm as well but hey its better to tell him look "ur goin to close until ur ready to start and when ur ready ur gonna start again regardless of wut u do in the pen" cuz hes gonna pitch out of the pen until hes healthy y not put him at closer..i think this is wut will happen despite us not wanting it

Since Beinfest said we are not likely to sign Urbina, it also seems like we wont be signing a closer prob b/c of payroll constraints. What cheap options are out there that we can get. On a side note, we should let go Tejera and sign back Juan Alvarez who is also a lefty...i remember him playing great in spring training and in limited action during the season had a 3.09 ERA.

Wilson Alvarez will come cheap ;)

Anyhow, you guys should really sign Urbina or trade for Hammond (because Cashman is stupid)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.