Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nolasco

Featured Replies

It's a business.

 

Not sure what the big deal is. Every organization has its priorities.

Nolasco is going to be here for...what? Another couple of months?

 

Is it really a big deal? He probably would've sucked in Game 1, too. Because that's what he does. Be thankful that you got a win in one of your mediocre starts. Be thankful that you got to face the Twins lineup without Josh Willingham in it. Be thankful that this unfair front office gave you a shitload of money that you never deserved.

 

In the meantime, others in the world have real problems to complain about...

Gonna be great when Nolasco gets traded and puts up a solid 5 ERA on the next team he's on.

 

Regression is already taking place for guys like Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle.

 

Be thankful that the unfair front office wanted to build a ballpark that makes you look a lot less terrible than you really are.

 

Hopefully he's unhappy enough to the extent that he gets traded to Texas tonight. Perhaps he'll be happier throwing batting practice there.

Plus, if the late game was delayed you risk messing with a young pitchers routine when you need him to get that down the most.

 

I agree with the decision, Ricky should be between enough and mature enough to know how to prepare in the case of a delay. Jose might just go straight to his IPhone and take more pictures of snow.

 

Ricky is a veteran. On any other team, he would get the choice of which game he wanted to start. He was on the lineup card when he got to the park which means he was probably already going through his pregame routine. Then he's told he's not starting until later because the FO said so. This is a guy with a contract to play for this team. I'd be pissed and so would you. If Jose did do that, it would be his own fault but considering his attitude and how much he eats, breathes, and sleeps this game, I doubt he would do that.

 

No matter if he sucks or not (which he doesn't "suck", he's just not great and doesn't have much of a future with us which shouldn't matter in the least when you're talking about treating your players right), they gave him way too far short notice. He has a right to be mad.

 

Again, the FO getting involved in personnel decisions when they shouldn't. We are the only team in baseball that gets this involved in them to this extent and we need to stop. It's maddening.Realistically, what is the difference between preparing for a game and being told your going to pitch later, and prepping for a game and being told its delayed and you going to pitch later?

 

I've been in those situations, and it's not fun but its the management side of the games we love. I took it in stride and used the extra prep to scout my opponent. It sounds like Ricky pouted.

Why couldn't this have been decided the night before not 2 hours before? I'm fine with the switch and giving Jose the warmer game but this should have been decided earlier.

He sucks.

 

 

 

Must be odd he is the all time leader in Wins and K's as a Marlins Pitcher. ^_^.

 

I do think if Jose Fernadez is with this for 8 or 9 years, he'll be the new all-time leader in Wins and K's.

He sucks.

 

 

 

Must be odd he is the all time leader in Wins and K's as a Marlins Pitcher. ^_^.

 

I do think if Jose Fernadez is with this for 8 or 9 years, he'll be the new all-time leader in Wins and K's.

 

 

He's just the Smartest Retard in this case.

He sucks.

 

 

So we can treat him like s***. Ok.

 

 

He demanded a trade before the season. Even if I don't agree about what they did, the Marlins don't have to bend over backwards for the guy who doesn't want to be here anyway.

He sucks.

 

 

So we can treat him like s***. Ok.

 

 

He demanded a trade before the season. Even if I don't agree about what they did, the Marlins don't have to bend over backwards for the guy who doesn't want to be here anyway.

 

 

 

 

With this front office, can't blame him.

With this front office, can't blame him.

 

Wait, he gets his chance to be part of a MLB rotation a year or two early because the Marlins were rebuilding in '06 with a ton of unproven youngsters, including him. That FO?

 

He was a mediocre and inconsistent pitcher for 5 years, yet the Marlins signed him to 26.5 mill for 3 years. He then continues to be mediocre and inconsistent for two more years. That FO? The one paying him 11.5 mill this year?

 

Marlins lose 47 mill and are forced to dump high-priced losers (a group that includes him) and start rebuilding. He could have said something like "This will be fun. I remember when I broke in, we were a bunch of young, enthusiastic, unproven guys who wanted to win. We're doing it again and I'm looking forward to helping to lead this new group." Nope. "Trade me," he says.

 

Now, he whines and pleads "no comment" about pitching 6 hours later than originally scheduled by failing to say that he had no problem with it and whatever is best for the 20 year-old kid is fine with him. You'd think he'd won a Cy Young or something.

 

There's just nothing like biting the hand of the FO that has spoon-fed you 34 mill for years of pure mediocrity. Damn that FO, it's all their fault.

This is a non-issue. Ricky sucks. Basically everything that Erick said.

 

The issue that the FO showed their incompetency on is signing Ricky to begin with instead of signing the good (and likable) pitcher, Anibal Sanchez.

II give them a pass on Anibal. Who would have thought after tj surgery and shoulder he'd be where he is now? I remember after the shoulder surgery he wasn't anything special for a few years. I wanted him traded.

People seem to forget that the only reason they paid Nolasco that money was because around that time Deadspin got a hold of the team's financial statements and exposed how they were lying about losing money. Then the MLBPA complained to MLB, and effectively strong-armed them behind the scenes into spending money, which led to the Hanley, JJ, and Nolasco deals.

 

Before that I can't remember one instance where the team extended any starting pitchers. They traded all of the previous good ones (AJ, Beckett, etc.).

II give them a pass on Anibal. Who would have thought after tj surgery and shoulder he'd be where he is now? I remember after the shoulder surgery he wasn't anything special for a few years. I wanted him traded.

 

 

Anibal's 2009, 2010, and 2011 numbers were far superior to Ricky's. I forget what year Ricky got his contract, but Ani always had the better numbers than mister mediocre.

II give them a pass on Anibal. Who would have thought after tj surgery and shoulder he'd be where he is now? I remember after the shoulder surgery he wasn't anything special for a few years. I wanted him traded.

 

Anibal's 2009, 2010, and 2011 numbers were far superior to Ricky's. I forget what year Ricky got his contract, but Ani always had the better numbers than mister mediocre. Ricky got the contract extension in 2010, before the season.

My mistake, I actually thought he signed before the 2010 season. Either way.

 

 

Well clearly Anibal was the better pitcher going into 2011. Signing Ricky over Anibal was a pretty miserable idea.

My mistake, I actually thought he signed before the 2010 season. Either way.

 

 

Well clearly Anibal was the better pitcher going into 2011. Signing Ricky over Anibal was a pretty miserable idea.

 

 

Anibal was coming off of injury in 2009, and only made 16 starts. He did have a better year in 2010 than Ricky, but Ricky had shown he could stay healthy. A lot of factors go into who the team signs.

My mistake, I actually thought he signed before the 2010 season. Either way.

 

 

Well clearly Anibal was the better pitcher going into 2011. Signing Ricky over Anibal was a pretty miserable idea.

 

 

Anibal was coming off of injury in 2009, and only made 16 starts. He did have a better year in 2010 than Ricky, but Ricky had shown he could stay healthy. A lot of factors go into who the team signs.

 

 

 

 

Anibal was coming off 195 IP of mid 3s ERA ball. Ricky was coming off 157 IP of mid 4s era ball AND an injury. I don't even consider this a hind sight thing. At the time, I was like these bastards better sign anibal cause he is the far superior pitcher.

My mistake, I actually thought he signed before the 2010 season. Either way.

 

 

Well clearly Anibal was the better pitcher going into 2011. Signing Ricky over Anibal was a pretty miserable idea.

 

 

Anibal was coming off of injury in 2009, and only made 16 starts. He did have a better year in 2010 than Ricky, but Ricky had shown he could stay healthy. A lot of factors go into who the team signs.

 

 

 

 

Anibal was coming off 195 IP of mid 3s ERA ball. Ricky was coming off 157 IP of mid 4s era ball AND an injury. I don't even consider this a hind sight thing. At the time, I was like these bastards better sign anibal cause he is the far superior pitcher.

 

 

 

Anibal still had a history of injuries. Ricky had one injury that only took out, what, 7 starts? MAYBE 8? I know Anibal is and always has been better, but realistically, they were thinking, "this guy will probably get injured again, let's hold off and see what happens." Sadly, what happened was a trade, but whatever.

People seem to forget that the only reason they paid Nolasco that money was because around that time Deadspin got a hold of the team's financial statements and exposed how they were lying about losing money. Then the MLBPA complained to MLB, and effectively strong-armed them behind the scenes into spending money, which led to the Hanley, JJ, and Nolasco deals.

 

Before that I can't remember one instance where the team extended any starting pitchers. They traded all of the previous good ones (AJ, Beckett, etc.).

 

 

2 bad examples. Both were traded because of their attitudes, for lack of a better word. AJ was even told to clean out his locker with time still left in the season.

People seem to forget that the only reason they paid Nolasco that money was because around that time Deadspin got a hold of the team's financial statements and exposed how they were lying about losing money. Then the MLBPA complained to MLB, and effectively strong-armed them behind the scenes into spending money, which led to the Hanley, JJ, and Nolasco deals.

 

Before that I can't remember one instance where the team extended any starting pitchers. They traded all of the previous good ones (AJ, Beckett, etc.).

 

 

2 bad examples. Both were traded because of their attitudes, for lack of a better word. AJ was even told to clean out his locker with time still left in the season.

 

 

Oh come on, Beckett wasn't traded because of that at the time. You could maybe make that argument with Beckett when he was in Boston, but everyone knows it was to clear salary since Beckett was about to get a huge payday, and they turned him and an aging Lowell into Hanley and Anibal.

 

AJ was also traded right before a contract year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.