Low TV Ratings

I think the biggest problem I see for this team is that we've moved beyond fans being angry at the team, and now it's devolved into people just not caring anymore. That's far worse. The brand is in big danger if this continues.

The last thing that I want is for the Marlins to end up ignored like the Panthers are.

Panthers? They just had a terrible season plagued with injuries, but they have a pretty decent fanbase . I'm an apathetic marlins fan now, and I hate to say it. I recognize that after the Heat win the championship, it's going to be a long summer before the Dolphins' season starts. That being said, the Marlins need to establish a winning culture for people to start caring consistently.

Winning culture or not people aren't going to show up. Yeah if we're winning the attendance will be a little bit better. If we're in it down the stretch I bet we even sell out a few games. Then if we make the playoffs people will show up and we'll sell out. Then and only then can you expect people to show up.

We suck as sports town. Even though many like to claim we're a football town our attendance there also sucks.

Kinda on topic............One of my regular customers called me yesterday and said a Marlins sales rep just left his place of biz, offering them tickets at 90% off. Looks like they are having a hard time giving tickets away.

Those are some guys who have a booklet to sell, they pop up every year. It's a program. If your buddy would have asked him he would have had a facial place and some other booklets to peddle.

I've never seen a marlins rep walk into a place to solicit, but have seen the previously mentioned scenario alot.

Kinda on topic............One of my regular customers called me yesterday and said a Marlins sales rep just left his place of biz, offering them tickets at 90% off. Looks like they are having a hard time giving tickets away.

Those are some guys who have a booklet to sell, they pop up every year. It's a program. If your buddy would have asked him he would have had a facial place and some other booklets to peddle.

I've never seen a marlins rep walk into a place to solicit, but have seen the previously mentioned scenario alot.

Wrong again. Actual Marlins sales reps trying to sell tickets for Business Appreciation Day, or something like that. So far I've heard of 3 or 4 different ones going around here in PBC to small businesses trying to sell tickets since about Wednesday. Will be interesting to see if they can beat that 13,444 paid attendance for the Cuban Appreciation Day they had Friday night. That number was so sad it was laughable. Appreciation Days just don't seem to be working out too well this year.

Despite what I think about the front office I'm still a fan. I'm not going to the games but I would watch on TV. Except most times when I tune in the team is down and the game is non-competitive and not worth the time unless you're maybe a family member of who on first or what on second. And I have a meter that counts for 50,000 of you. I am watching tonite as long as it's close. Most nights my meter hasn't made it past the 15 minute mark where it gets recorded as TV ratings.

In years past even when the attendance was disappointing, TV ratings were usually pretty decent.

This is the result of putting such a bad product on the field this season I guess.

I don't believe it is just that. Loria and Samson have promised for YEARS that the problem of bringing good baseball talent to the Marlins was because they played in a football stadium. They had a bad lease contract, can't make money in a football stadium, etc., etc., etc. And although it may be true, they PROMISED once the stadium was built ALL WOULD CHANGE. Nothing changed in my opinion. Yes they got the stadium; people started attending. Maybe not a sell out as they hoped, but more than the football stadium which Loria and Samson said was the problem. Behold, the FO wasn't careful in who they picked for the 2012 season. Loria did open his wallet but was the mistake the FO or Loria himself?? Or maybe a combination. It really doesn't matter to me. ANYWAY, the newness wore off as less people attended. Yet there was hope on the forum and other fans until.......until......until they traded the team away. And the winter meetings came and gone and the only "talent" I saw was has beens or WHO?!?!?!?!

Whose fault is it? Is it Miami and being fickled about not supporting a team? Or is it that everyone believed, hoped for, that the lies would stop, the promises would actually be fulfilled?? The fans HAVE HAD IT. Or at least I have. Although the stadium got built and it is truly a place a lot of us would love to be, our heart, well my heart, is not in it. I have sat riveted at the games OR riveted in front of the tv watching the games for the eleven years I have lived here. (And I never was interested in baseball before.) But after what happened after last season and before this season, my heart is not in it. While watching something else, I will flick on FSNSports to see the score during a commercial. But I don't stay. What I will do this summer, I have NO idea.

Yes, baseball is a business. Yes, they say they lost money last year. But did their "market correction" need to be so deep? And what about the other years in the football stadium where they made a little profit (especially from the MLB handout)? Could not some of that be used to give the Miami fan base somewhat of a team?? What are these reserves to be used for??? Another fish tank or another home run extravaganza or some new characters running the race? A few more camera pictures enlarged and put on walls???

You can call me a fair weather friend if you want, or a turncoat. But all I know is my heart is broke. Until the promises I heard, like so many others heard and I assume some will admit you heard them too, are somewhat kept, I don't think I can watch a game in its entirety. It doesn't matter whether it is on tv or in the stands.

I haven't defected to another team. My heart needs to be repaired. I don't have faith in the present regime. Either Loria or Samson or the FO. Only time will tell.

Yet I won't give up the forum. So I am not dead to baseball nor completely from the Marlins. Just what is happening presently and not what is happening on the field.

At this point the Marlins could have a "Free Ticket, Free Parking, and Free Nachos Day" and I bet you that they can't fill half the seats in the ballpark. The fan base has had enough of Loria and Samson. The longer they wait to sell, the more damage the Marlins brand will incur.

I'd go to pick up some free nachos and then head to a sports bar to watch the Indians.

Marlins average attendance has fallen to 29th out of 30. Just ahead of Cleveland now.

The summer months haven't begun yet, of course, but right now the attendance average hasn't been this low since 2008.

Ironically, only The Clevelander is keeping the Marlins ahead of the Indians.

At this point the Marlins could have a "Free Ticket, Free Parking, and Free Nachos Day" and I bet you that they can't fill half the seats in the ballpark. The fan base has had enough of Loria and Samson. The longer they wait to sell, the more damage the Marlins brand will incur.

When Frank Forte made his food tour Tuesday those nachos with barbecued roast pork on top looked pretty good. I'd go.

The rest didn't look too good. The cuban sandwich looked like it came from Publix, not the nice fresh hand-cut stuff it's supposed to be.The stuff from The Clevelander looked like total mung. And the Burger305 was closed(has anyone seen it open with "food from the visitors city" since last year? Anyway, those nachos did look good. Add in free gas courtesy of Loria and I'm there!

I'd go to pick up some free nachos and then head to a sports bar to watch the Indians.

Why?

Why?

I like nachos and racist sports team logos

Marlins average attendance has fallen to 29th out of 30. Just ahead of Cleveland now.

The summer months haven't begun yet, of course, but right now the attendance average hasn't been this low since 2008.

Ironically, only The Clevelander is keeping the Marlins ahead of the Indians.

They just lowered The Clevelander's ticket price to $15.

Really sad that Cleveland isn't supporting that team. They used to sell out all the time during the Thome/Manny years.

Just wanted to say that I've only been to two Marlins games this year... and only because my four year old son has suddenly picked up daddy's interest in baseball. He passes by the ballpark on the way to grandma's house and suddenly this year he said "I wanna go to Marlins park, to see the field, and the roof, and the lights, and to throw the baseball." I've never been one to force my love of the game and the Fish on him and I've waited patiently for my passion to rub off onto him. Suddenly, his curiousity has sprung to life... and I won't deny him of that. My son doesn't know the score, nor does he care. He doesn't know or care about the attendance numbers, the front office, the offseason trades, etc. Bottom line, I've only gone to help my son's love of basebal blossom. The two times we've gone, he's been the happiest kid there. And each time, I sit in the stands with my arm over his seat just crossing my fingers, and hoping, that soon enough he'll be able to grow up with a winning ballclub. Loria, Samson, stop holding this from my kid. Soon enough, he'll be old enough to be sick of growing up with an embarrassing home team. You don't have much longer. Fix the problem. Or leave.

Just wanted to say that I've only been to two Marlins games this year... and only because my four year old son has suddenly picked up daddy's interest in baseball. He passes by the ballpark on the way to grandma's house and suddenly this year he said "I wanna go to Marlins park, to see the field, and the roof, and the lights, and to throw the baseball." I've never been one to force my love of the game and the Fish on him and I've waited patiently for my passion to rub off onto him. Suddenly, his curiousity has sprung to life... and I won't deny him of that. My son doesn't know the score, nor does he care. He doesn't know or care about the attendance numbers, the front office, the offseason trades, etc. Bottom line, I've only gone to help my son's love of basebal blossom. The two times we've gone, he's been the happiest kid there. And each time, I sit in the stands with my arm over his seat just crossing my fingers, and hoping, that soon enough he'll be able to grow up with a winning ballclub. Loria, Samson, stop holding this from my kid. Soon enough, he'll be old enough to be sick of growing up with an embarrassing home team. You don't have much longer. Fix the problem. Or leave.

Your opinion is shit. You don't own the team. If you really cared about your son having a good baseball team to root for, you would buy more tickets.

Your opinion is s***. You don't own the team. If you really cared about your son having a good baseball team to root for, you would buy more tickets.

Ur kidding right? You have to be. I owned season tickets last year, this is the first year in a decade that I'm not at 20-30 games a year.

Your opinion is s***. You don't own the team. If you really cared about your son having a good baseball team to root for, you would buy more tickets.

Ur kidding right? You have to be. I owned season tickets last year, this is the first year in a decade that I'm not at 20-30 games a year.

Yes lol

Your opinion is s***. You don't own the team. If you really cared about your son having a good baseball team to root for, you would buy more tickets.Ur kidding right? You have to be. I owned season tickets last year, this is the first year in a decade that I'm not at 20-30 games a year.

Yes lol

I gotta be honest, it was funny as hell... and I've never known you to be a rude guy on here... so I cracked up but then I suddenly went "wait, what if he's serious?" lol... thanks dude