5/19 postgame - strange feeling

If the first half ended today, Mike Dunn would probably be our All-Star.

What's your thoughts on our closer situation?

I still think Cishek is our best reliever. His sample size is getting big enough to say that he has trouble getting lefties out, though.

They all have flaws.

-Cishek has trouble with lefties.

-Dunn shouldn't be pitching to too many righties.

-Ramos doesn't have a real problem with either, but he walks guys/gives up a lot of fly balls.

-Webb just isn't good enough.

Cishek's troubles don't surprise me. The fact that he had such good command of his pitches until this year is actually the most surprising thing. With his delivery, I would suspect eventually something would get out of whack and he wouldn't be able to locate his pitches as effectively.

Cishek's troubles don't surprise me. The fact that he had such good command of his pitches until this year is actually the most surprising thing. With his delivery, I would suspect eventually something would get out of whack and he wouldn't be able to locate his pitches as effectively.

C'mon son...don't diss the Side-arm delivery.

I still think Cishek is our best reliever. His sample size is getting big enough to say that he has trouble getting lefties out, though.

They all have flaws.

-Ramos doesn't have a real problem with either, but he walks guys/gives up a lot of fly balls.

Ramos is much better suited for the closer role right now, if the Marlins must have one. You don't hand Cishek the ball automatically in the ninth if some lefties are due up. That's dumb managing.

They all have flaws.

Ramos is much better suited for the closer role right now, if the Marlins must have one. You don't hand Cishek the ball automatically in the ninth if some lefties are due up. That's dumb managing.

I agree. I like what Redmond did today.

To be honest, this team shouldn't have a designated closer right now, and the same can be said for many other teams, as well. The role is stupid. Just play matchups as you'd do in the 6th, 7th, 8th, etc. for the 40 wins we have left this year.