8/14 Post Game

Michael

Maybe I'm too understanding, but after how much of a bastard Heath Bell was... I don't see the point in getting on Stanton constantly when he's owning up to his suckage.

The latest post today: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/

Owning up to it even more.

I don't think it's an issue of people being mad at Stanton because he's been awful of late. I think it's more so that we know he can do so much better, so it's disappointing to see him struggle. He's literally our only power hitter right now and he's not hitting anything well.

My stanton jabs aren't real...I'm just joshing and/or poking fun at the "real" stanton haters

Jets suck, Yankees suck, Knicks suck.

*pow pow pow*

Stanton sucks.

*earth explodes*

Liked for solid family guy reference.

Who comes up to replace Ames? Hatcher? (dear god no) Flynn, to take Koehler's rotation spot? Arquimedfhsjes Camieqgrfhkero?

Maybe I'm too understanding, but after how much of a bastard Heath Bell was... I don't see the point in getting on Stanton constantly when he's owning up to his suckage.

The latest post today: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/

Owning up to it even more.

Holy crap has clark spencer's face always been that tiny?

You've never noticed his sixhead?

What happened to Ames? Why does he need to be replaced? If anything, Flynn to the rotation, Koehler to the bullpen.

He needs to be replaced because his stuff is pretty bad. Credit to penguino and his brooksbaseball.net data for saying so before he was even promoted.

I wonder if maybe Grant Dayton gets a shot.

Flynn.

Id love to see him for 6-7 starts down the stretch here.

Then start next season with a rotation as: Fernandez, Eovaldi, Turner, Alvarez, and Flynn

With Nicolino, Desclafini, and Heaney getting at least a half season at AA, and Conley beginning out of the bullpen next year.

I don't see the point of moving Koehler out of the rotation when he's just going to be back in it in September, anyway. He's also pitched pretty well.

I dont think he will be back in it. I think Flynn and Conley will replace Koehler and Jose. They cant possibly have watched Koehler all year and thought "hmm, we need to see more to decide whether he is a key piece in our future rotation."

Seems interesting that Ames was sent down without a corresponding move yet and without him having a particularly bad outing. So im thinking this is something that's been in the making for a while. We'll see who it is.

They probably don't see a whole lot of upside in him. He was used very infrequently over the last several weeks--obviously the last resort guy out of the pen.