Marlins trade/FA talk

Hotcorner

It's really not a priority, particularly with the even greater holes in all 3 other infield positions. Honestly, of the four infield spots, 1b is the one spot I'm not overly worried about.

I'm going to make a bold prediction that Hech has a solid year, hitting in the .250 neighborhood and cutting down on the errors.

Yup, I said it. Mark it down.

.To be fair he only had 15 errors last season. That isn't a lot for SS. I think that's fairly decent. Andrelton Simmons who is also a young SS and a good comparison had 14 errors last season. He did have more total chances than HECH, but my point is that 15 errors is not a lot for a SS.

It's really not a priority, particularly with the even greater holes in all 3 other infield positions. Honestly, of the four infield spots, 1b is the one spot I'm not overly worried about.

I'm going to make a bold prediction that Hech has a solid year, hitting in the .250 neighborhood and cutting down on the errors.

Yup, I said it. Mark it down.

More of a dream than a prediction. But even if he hit .250, his obp would still be around .270 at best.

The Marlins still missed the boat Admin. Aoki would have been a nice fit in LF for the Fish.

You can't call it missing the boat when it wasn't going to happen. It's like saying we missed the boat on trading LoMo for Dexter Fowler. And yeah, our OF isn't the problem.

The Rays, Astros, Brewers, Mets, Mariners and Pirates are the only teams that need a 1B......along with the Marlins if they dealt Morrison. What's going to hold Morrison's trade value down is the fact that Napoli, Morales, C.Hart, Loney, Morse, Overbay, Reynolds, Youkilis and McGehee are still on the free agent market and you don't have to give anything up for any of them except a paycheck.

So Admin, what do you think the Marlins could honestly get for Logan Morrison?

Not much probably. He may be worth more to the team if he stays since he theoretically could improve his value. I'm in favor of signing Napoli if it's realistic but otherwise if we have LoMo still, it could wind up ok.

I think signing Corey Hart to an incentive laden deal would be a huge improvement over Morrison at 1B for 2014.

There's a lot of interest in him so he may land a decent sized one year contract somewhere.

He would be a nice fit on a 1-year deal in Miami. They don't like giving out multi year contracts for the most part anyway. It would be nice to get a good, proven major league hitter to put behind Stanton in the lineup.