May 27, 201412 yr right elbow sprain....cross your fingers it isn't the same type of sprain that Jose had.
May 27, 201412 yr Ugh, hopefully it isn't serious and he can come back soon to continue being a solid member of a shaky bullpen. Also, Redmond: Can you please not use Caminero in key situations right away?
May 27, 201412 yr Fuck man. I really like this kid. I hope this is not serious but right elbow sprain doesnt sound good at all.
May 27, 201412 yr another TJ I bet. All those sliders and curve balls at the age of 10 The Doctor must be laughing all the way to da bank
June 1, 201412 yr Marlins site says he's heading to see Dr. Andrews, that's news you never want to read
June 1, 201412 yr Why is it beyond ridiculous? In the '50s and '60s, in any case before 1974, if you severely tore or detached a UCL you were generally finished. Done. You "blew out your arm." Maybe 1% of severe tears or detachments would heal naturally, as is true today. Which left 99% of UCL-injured pitchers out of luck. Now, repair via replacement -- TJ -- is routine. It's just an improvement in the technology of both assessment and surgery. And there's a whole lot of guys who have made 5 or 10 or 20 mill (or more) because of it who are very happy. Not to mention fans for whom great pitchers don't suddenly disappear -- they're just out for a year. 20 or 30 years from now, I'll guess that there will be synthetic UCL replacement ligaments that will last for 20 years. No more multiple TJ surgeries (ouch!) No more harvesting one of your own tendons (ouch!) to turn it into a replacement ligament. The average 20 year-old pitcher will have already had his bionic UCL installed and be good to go until he's 40. No matter how hard he throws and no matter how many highly stressful, elbow-wrenching breaking pitches he throws. Of course, then it will also be discovered that something else in the arm or elbow breaks because the UCL is unbreakable. Etc., ad infinitum.
June 1, 201412 yr He was pretty obviously saying that it's ridiculous that so many players are blowing out their elbows to need Tommy John.
June 1, 201412 yr He was pretty obviously saying that it's ridiculous that so many players are blowing out their elbows to need Tommy John. But why would ... miss a chance to write an essay?
June 3, 201412 yr He was pretty obviously saying that it's ridiculous that so many players are blowing out their elbows to need Tommy John. Yeah, I think ... is responding to that, being that, sure, we are seeing a lot of TJ surgeries now, but before those pitchers would just go down and never be heard from again. I also have to wonder how much the lack of PED's has made an impact, as I know several pitchers in the past would take them to manage pain, among other things.
June 3, 201412 yr But why would ... miss a chance to write an essay? Wait, what I wrote was an "essay"? Where were you when I was trying to convince a teacher that 17 sentences constituted an essay? I responded to the claim that "this TJ sh!t is well beyond ridiculous." I asked a question and threw in some history and miscellaneous speculation. Canada-marlins24 hasn't answered my question and nobody else has offered any support for the "well beyond ridiculous" idea. Apparently it's not. Oh, sh!t, 6 sentences. Now I've gone and written another "essay." :lol
June 3, 201412 yr He wasn't saying that the surgery itself was ridiculous but the fact that so many people are needing it now is ridiculous. The contents of your 17 sentences do not seem to recognize this.
June 4, 201412 yr Well, no surgery, apparently, after meeting with Dr. Andrews. That's good news. For now. There have been guys who have been prescribed rest and have seen little improvement, leading to surgery becoming a necessity. Capps will rest for a month or so, then hopefully we'll hear good news. I really enjoy watching him pitch.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.