Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2014-2015 Florida Panthers Season Thread

Featured Replies

They basically need to win out, unless everyone else decides to suck.

 

The also basically can't lose both to Boston (and probably can't really lose tonight to Boston even just once).

 

 

They basically need to win out, unless everyone else decides to suck.

 

The also basically can't lose both to Boston (and probably can't really lose tonight to Boston even just once).

 

​Can't even go to OT with Boston

 

 

Well, Boston has been bad enough where technically we could and it wouldn't surprise me if they lost some games, us aside. But yes, I know what you're saying.

 

 

What's important to take note of is the Washington and Detroit factor. Ottawa has to play them both (including tonight), and Boston has to play Detroit. Furthermore, Detroit has to play Washington.

 

While catching either of those two teams is highly unlikely, both of those teams know that if they don't win all of their games against the teams knocking on the door, they become a potential team that gets knocked out of the playoffs with just another loss. So, either the teams on the doorstep close the margin (good for the Panthers), or the teams above knock off the teams below (also good for the Panthers).

 

That's the beauty of head-to-head right now. Panthers just gotta win their games, but thankfully other teams sort of HAVE to lose. We only have games against Boston.

 

 

Lucky ass bounce and the Bruins tie the game. Something always goes wrong. And the fucking refs missed a call on Boston right after of course.

 

 

Shitty, passive 3rd period. Maybe they should play every game like it's 3 2nd periods.

 

 

I've never been a Cubs fan, but being a Panthers fan must be the closest thing. Any time this team needs a break, you can count on everything going wrong. It's hilarious.

 

Being a Marlins fan is way more enjoyable which is kind of sad considering that the Marlins haven't exactly been the most successful franchise either.

 

Oh well, guess "there's always next year."

 

 

The idiots on hfboards now think that Luongo is the problem. Hilarious.

 

​Yeah that couldn't be more wrong. He kept us in all game/season.

 

 

Bring back Jagr and get rid of all the dead weight on this team (Kopecky, Upshall, etc.)

 

And stop overpaying guys solely based on their character, whatever the hell that means.

 

It's really not that hard at this point, Tallon. You built the core, just put the right pieces around them.

 

PS - I still hope we get Kessel this offseason. Don't care what anybody says, the more good players, the better. Imagine Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr again and pairing Pirri with a guy like Kessel next year. Two scoring lines? Is that legal in South Florida?

 

 

The idiots on hfboards now think that Luongo is the problem. Hilarious.

 

​Yeah that couldn't be more wrong. He kept us in all game/season.

 

​I wouldn't go that far. But... Luongo was a positive this season for sure.

 

A big hole that I think is being generally overlooked was how bad Al Montoya was. Your backup goalie posting a 5-7-2 with a 0.888 SV% isn't going to take you anywhere. We were going to be a fringe team this season, and he needs to be better.

 

And, of course, the anemic offense. But that's always been a problem. Agreed with Erick, get rid of the dead weight. But even then, the issue is up top. Guys like Jussi Jokinen cannot be your supporting cast to a young squad unless you're talking generational talent.

 

I don't want Kessel though. That contract... in pair with an attitude... seriously, who fights David Booth? Bad people.

 

Bright sides... youthful players look spot on up front. Gudbranson finally looks good. All the defense looks capable of being a playoff team. Just missing top end refined talent, really. And a backup goalie.

 

 

The idiots on hfboards now think that Luongo is the problem. Hilarious.

 

​Yeah that couldn't be more wrong. He kept us in all game/season. 

 

​I wouldn't go that far. But... Luongo was a positive this season for sure. 

 

A big hole that I think is being generally overlooked was how bad Al Montoya was. Your backup goalie posting a 5-7-2 with a 0.888 SV% isn't going to take you anywhere. We were going to be a fringe team this season, and he needs to be better.

 

And, of course, the anemic offense. But that's always been a problem. Agreed with Erick, get rid of the dead weight. But even then, the issue is up top. Guys like Jussi Jokinen cannot be your supporting cast to a young squad unless you're talking generational talent.

 

I don't want Kessel though. That contract... in pair with an attitude... seriously, who fights David Booth? Bad people.

 

Bright sides... youthful players look spot on up front. Gudbranson finally looks good. All the defense looks capable of being a playoff team. Just missing top end refined talent, really. And a backup goalie.

 

​Ellis is a UFA ;)

 

 

  • Author
The idiots on hfboards now think that Luongo is the problem. Hilarious.

 

​Yeah that couldn't be more wrong. He kept us in all game/season. 

 

​I wouldn't go that far. But... Luongo was a positive this season for sure. 

 

A big hole that I think is being generally overlooked was how bad Al Montoya was. Your backup goalie posting a 5-7-2 with a 0.888 SV% isn't going to take you anywhere. We were going to be a fringe team this season, and he needs to be better.

 

And, of course, the anemic offense. But that's always been a problem. Agreed with Erick, get rid of the dead weight. But even then, the issue is up top. Guys like Jussi Jokinen cannot be your supporting cast to a young squad unless you're talking generational talent.

 

I don't want Kessel though. That contract... in pair with an attitude... seriously, who fights David Booth? Bad people.

 

Bright sides... youthful players look spot on up front. Gudbranson finally looks good. All the defense looks capable of being a playoff team. Just missing top end refined talent, really. And a backup goalie.

 

​Ellis is a UFA ;)

 

​I agree 100% on Montoya. If I am Tallon I offer Ellis a 1-way deal and tell him and Montoya to battle it out because Ellis outclassed Montoya, even though Montoya had some solid games. 

 

 

  • Author
*cries uncontrollably*

 

​You guys know from the Marlins that I throw fits. I have never thrown one quite like this.

 

Combination screeching, slamming glass, pacing, hitting cupboards, biting towel, and punching chairs.

 

To see the Bruins who don't deserve fuck all but to rot in hell do this to a very deserving young team, who will hopefully step on Boston starting next year and inflict disgusting amounts of pain on them, really kills me.

 

Like Erick said, just when this team needs a fucking break, you can expect a fucking disaster.

 

 

  • 3 weeks later...

Of all the fucking teams to win the lottery, the Oilers!?!?! Seriously, I hate their team right now, I hope they suck forever. I like McDavid though, I hope he can do good and somehow the Oilers can still suck. This is the worst outcome, tied with Toronto winning it if they had of won it. Talk about a team that needed this the least.

 

 

  • Author

Lol I cannot believe the Oilers won it again. At least McDavid is out of the Eastern Conference.

 

Panthers will get a good player if Dale does not trade the pick. Would love for Timo Meier to fall into our lap.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.