8/1 - Reds at Marlins - 7:13

Admin

Yup very important. My interview with them is Tuesday. They put me on veterans preference already. The other two hopefully will call met they seemed to have liked me in the interview.

I'm sure the strippers like you during a lap dance, too.

Kidding, kidding.

Question, I have a job interview on Tuesday in Maryland so let me give you 3 choices if I'm offered a job and why.

I get my AA in accounting in 2 weeks with my bachelors next August.

Current income: G.I. Bill ($2500 + per month) and 8 hours at a regal movie theater per week

Prospective: a technologies place that helps with the DOD shelter equipment, data level entry accountant, possibly $35,000 year, 20 miles away plus gi bill

Capital one bank - bank teller, 3.5 miles away, $13.00 per hour plus gi bill

Montgomery county government - administrative aide, 5 miles away, $33,000 plus gi bill

I'd go with the government job.

Assuming the bank teller job is full time, it's not even $25k before taxes - only benefit is how close it is to home, but the government job is just a mile and a half further and it's only $2k less per year than the accounting job - throw in the fact that you'd have to drive an extra 30 miles each day you go to work with the accounting job, wear and tear on the car along with gas might negate that extra $2k.

I'm guessing each job has an opportunity for advancement and thus increase in pay, so go with the government job, my homey.

Guest Vince0926

I'd go with the government job.

Assuming the bank teller job is full time, it's not even $25k before taxes - only benefit is how close it is to home, but the government job is just a mile and a half further and it's only $2k less per year than the accounting job - throw in the fact that you'd have to drive an extra 30 miles each day you go to work with the accounting job, wear and tear on the car along with gas might negate that extra $2k.

I'm guessing each job has an opportunity for advancement and thus increase in pay, so go with the government job, my homey.

I'm thinking that too. I hope interview goes well.