Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fish acquire Prado/Phelps for Eovaldi/Jones/German

Featured Replies

Absolutely love this trade. Our lineup looks really good right now. This team is going to be a contender this year. So happy this front office didn't wait for Mcgehee to struggle to replace him. Keep him though on the bench as a backup infielder. Prado is a huge upgrade on him though. Our infield actually looks kinda good now. We just need to sign a #3/4 starter to replace Eovaldi.

 

People who don't like this trade severely overrate Eovaldi. He is gonna get absolutely lit up at Yankee Stadium and in that division.

 

And don't get worked up about giving German. He is an ok prospect but he is also 22 in greensboro. I will never have a problem upgrading the major league team if we give up a guy who hasn't been past low A ball unless its a first round pick like a guy like Kolek

 

 

I could so be wrong but at first glance I feel like this trade came up as a sudden surprise that the Fish couldn't pass up despite the confusion it creates.

 

Like they were calling around to see who wanted Jones and the Yankees just went "Well we'd take him if you can give us something better with him, what do u have of value?" ...then the Marlins said "Well if we throw in Eovaldi what can we get back?" And when the Yankees said "How about Prado?" we peed ourselves a little and said we have to do this. They threw in German to get some pitching in Phelps and to get the cash but more or less that's my gut reaction to what went down here. It was a surprise offer that was too good to pass up.

 

FWIW MLB Networks initial reaction is that we won this trade.

 

This makes sense, but I think the inclusion of German was for the $6 million. I get the feeling Eovaldi/Jones for Prado/Phelps was ready to get done and then the Marlins asked for part of Prado's contract so the Yankees asked for someone in return.

 

 

I could so be wrong but at first glance I feel like this trade came up as a sudden surprise that the Fish couldn't pass up despite the confusion it creates.

 

Like they were calling around to see who wanted Jones and the Yankees just went "Well we'd take him if you can give us something better with him, what do u have of value?" ...then the Marlins said "Well if we throw in Eovaldi what can we get back?" And when the Yankees said "How about Prado?" we peed ourselves a little and said we have to do this. They threw in German to get some pitching in Phelps and to get the cash but more or less that's my gut reaction to what went down here. It was a surprise offer that was too good to pass up.

 

FWIW MLB Networks initial reaction is that we won this trade.

 

This makes sense, but I think the inclusion of German was for the $6 million. I get the feeling Eovaldi/Jones for Prado/Phelps was ready to get done and then the Marlins asked for part of Prado's contract so the Yankees asked for someone in return.

 

 

 

i have no problem with that. He is 22 in A ball.

 

 

Remember the Uggla trade to the Braves a couple years ago and we got Mike Dunn + Omar Infante? At that time, I was pretty upset over the fact that we couldn't get Prado instead of Infante cause I always thought Prado was a much better player than Infante.

 

 

I know we don't worry too much about talk show type of media but I smiled at Chris Rose and Kevin Millars comments about the Fish today and I thought maybe you would too....

 

Millar said that when Stanton signed everyone said show us what's next and they've done that....

 

And Rose said we all laughed at them when they said they were resetting two years ago and now here they are contending with a real team so quickly and they're throwing it back in our faces now...

 

So glad to hear positive media attention for once.

Remember the Uggla trade to the Braves a couple years ago and we got Mike Dunn + Omar Infante? At that time, I was pretty upset over the fact that we couldn't get Prado instead of Infante cause I always thought Prado was a much better player than Infante.

 

 

 

I remember this! I was thinking about it today. Lol

I like the move because of the precedent they set by not waiting for McGehee to regress. I thought they would be too dense to try to upgrade there.

 

Domingo had potential but overall, I think I like the deal.

 

P.S Prado should hit first or second and Dee should hit 6th or 7th *Runs away*

 

 

I like the move because of the precedent they set by not waiting for McGehee to regress. I thought they would be too dense to try to upgrade there.

 

Domingo had potential but overall, I think I like the deal.

 

P.S Prado should hit first or second and Dee should hit 6th or 7th *Runs away*

 

Apparently, the Marlins might flip Prado to another team.

 

CASEY MCGEHEE 4EVR

 

 

I like the move because of the precedent they set by not waiting for McGehee to regress. I thought they would be too dense to try to upgrade there.

 

Domingo had potential but overall, I think I like the deal.

 

P.S Prado should hit first or second and Dee should hit 6th or 7th *Runs away*

 

Apparently, the Marlins might flip Prado to another team.

 

CASEY MCGEHEE 4EVR

 

 

 

If they do that the offseason gets a negative grade. Maybe.

 

Good thing is for now nobody is reporting one way or another, just speculating.

 

 

Relax...I don't believe anything REAL has surfaced about the Marlins flipping Prado, just beat writers/broadcasters wondering out loud about our logjam at 3B.

 

 

there is 0 chance we flip prado. Makes no sense to deal eovaldi for him only to flip him. Mcgehee is the one who will be gone. And wow does that make me happy that the marlins are being proactive and smart.

 

 

Source: #SFGiants talking to #Marlins about 3B Casey McGehee. Hunter Strickland, Matt Duffy among SF players under discussion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.