December 19, 201411 yr I never thought losing Eovaldi would put such a hole in the rotation but without Haren its a glaring hole. Again I didnt think I'd hinge so much on either Haren or Eovaldi, let alone both... but suddenly there's a need for pitching. And we've gone too deep into this thing to think we can just slot in Nicolino or some other prospect.
December 19, 201411 yr I'm fine with Koehler/Phelps holding down the 5th spot until Jose comes back. Just wish we had a Peavy/Haren for that 3rd or 4th slot. Either they have something in the works for another starter or they might just sign Shields. Or maybe they convince Haren to pitch until Jose gets back and then try to make a deadline deal to a West coast team?
December 19, 201411 yr I'm fine with Koehler/Phelps holding down the 5th spot until Jose comes back. who's #4? Eovaldi's gone
December 19, 201411 yr We basically just created a hole in the rotation for a guy who will probably not bring us better offensive production and maybe a little better defense. I don't like this move at all.
December 19, 201411 yr they've gotta know something about Haren deciding to pitch next year (seriously, who's gonna turn down $10m?). or they have a FA signing up their sleeves.
December 19, 201411 yr I'm fine with Koehler/Phelps holding down the 5th spot until Jose comes back. who's #4? Eovaldi's gone That's what I meant. I'm fine with them in the 5th spot. I'm not cool with them in the 4th AND 5th spot. We need either Haren to stay or to sign/trade for another guy.
December 19, 201411 yr Cameron doesn't like the trade for us FWIW http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/yankees-turn-martin-prado-into-nathan-eovaldi/
December 19, 201411 yr Cameron doesn't like the trade for us FWIW http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/yankees-turn-martin-prado-into-nathan-eovaldi/ He's a bigger buzzkill than canada_marlin
December 19, 201411 yr We basically just created a hole in the rotation for a guy who will probably not bring us better offensive production and maybe a little better defense. Shittin' me right now? "Not bring us better offensive production"? Did you not see how horrifically shitty Jones was this year? No, seriously, did you? We just went from a pure pull hitter who couldn't hit .250 to a guy who uses the whole field and has a career average of .291 [and hit .282 the last two years each, .301 the year before]. Prado also hit .291 with RISP this past season, a lot better than what Jones did. And don't even get me started on defense.
December 19, 201411 yr We basically just created a hole in the rotation for a guy who will probably not bring us better offensive production and maybe a little better defense. Shittin' me right now? "Not bring us better offensive production"? Did you not see how horrifically shitty Jones was this year? No, seriously, did you? We just went from a pure pull hitter who couldn't hit .250 to a guy who uses the whole field and has a career average of .291 [and hit .282 the last two years each, .301 the year before]. Prado also hit .291 with RISP this past season, a lot better than what Jones did. And don't even get me started on defense. Ummmm I was referring to McGehee.
December 19, 201411 yr We basically just created a hole in the rotation for a guy who will probably not bring us better offensive production and maybe a little better defense. Shittin' me right now? "Not bring us better offensive production"? Did you not see how horrifically shitty Jones was this year? No, seriously, did you? We just went from a pure pull hitter who couldn't hit .250 to a guy who uses the whole field and has a career average of .291 [and hit .282 the last two years each, .301 the year before]. Prado also hit .291 with RISP this past season, a lot better than what Jones did. And don't even get me started on defense. Ummmm I was referring to McGehee. Will still be a lot better offense. And considering the trade involved Jones and not McGehee, well.
December 19, 201411 yr ccould have spent some of that money that Loria saved by signing Stanton and spent it on Headley. and kept Eovaldi. and German. boo.
December 19, 201411 yr ccould have spent some of that money that Loria saved by signing Stanton and spent it on Headley. and kept Eovaldi. and German. boo. Should've overpaid Headley? Spending money just to spend it is a good idea now?
December 19, 201411 yr Please let everyone stay healthy. Please. Thank you. Same to you and yours. Happy holidays my friend.
December 19, 201411 yr Id take Prado over Headley especially if it means we can have Morse as well. No, we should've given Headley 16 mil a year if it meant we "win" him. Same as we should've given Peavy $15 million a year. Sigh
December 19, 201411 yr As someone else said as I was reading through, definitely something else in the works. We gotta be going for shields, otherwise it is a lateral move (pitching got worse hitting/defense got better). If we do get shields, then I'm allllll for it-forget numbers, dudes a bulldog and a perfect fit. And a side note, I'm happy for jonesy, he should do well in that park lol
December 19, 201411 yr As someone else said as I was reading through, definitely something else in the works. We gotta be going for shields, otherwise it is a lateral move (pitching got worse hitting/defense got better). If we do get shields, then I'm allllll for it-forget numbers, dudes a bulldog and a perfect fit. And a side note, I'm happy for jonesy, he should do well in that park lol Shields isn't happening
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.