December 19, 201411 yr So Eovaldi, Jones, and German for basically Prado. Yeah that's not good. Prado is a huge upgrade at 3b dawg
December 19, 201411 yr So Eovaldi, Jones, and German for basically Prado. Yeah that's not good. Phelps is a serviceable 5th starter type. He's another Koehler. Also, we're getting money in the deal to "spend" So we have 3 koehlers now: Phelps, Haren (maybe) and well....Koehler
December 19, 201411 yr So Eovaldi, Jones, and German for basically Prado. Yeah that's not good. Prado is a huge upgrade at 3b dawg Not worth German too.
December 19, 201411 yr Swirling rumors of the Giants having interest in Casey McGehee. Would a McGehee trade be the first time the Marlins ever sold high on someone instead of the usual selling low?
December 19, 201411 yr I'm so confused, I thought with Morse signing it meant McGehee was locked in. Something has to be up. Prado is too good to be a bench player here. What a crazy offseason!
December 19, 201411 yr Phelps is a fly ball pitcher. Like song said, prob gonna get salad-esque #s out of him
December 19, 201411 yr I feel like the fact that Phelps was included in the deal combined with Haren's absence from today's press conference means he's definitely either retiring or being traded. Honestly, how effective would he be pitching for a team he didn't want to play for anyway?
December 19, 201411 yr I really want to give McGehee the chance to improve and he's great for the clubhouse. McGehee is what he is.
December 19, 201411 yr I WILL NOT ALLOW ANY SLANDER OF PRADO. ITS WELL CHRONICLED MY LOVE FOR PRADO. I NEVER EXPECTED MIAMI TO EVER ACQUIRE HIM
December 19, 201411 yr Shit maybe they are going after shields.... They better, with all these players being paid for by other teams. :lol
December 19, 201411 yr Why does this suddenly make people think we're after shields. Seriously asking cuz I don't see the connection.
December 19, 201411 yr Why does this suddenly make people think we're after shields. Seriously asking cuz I don't see the connection. Cause we're not taking on these player's contracts, therefore we have money left over. That's my guess.
December 19, 201411 yr Why does this suddenly make people think we're after shields. Seriously asking cuz I don't see the connection. Because we're getting money in this deal, along with it becoming increasingly clear that the $10 million we got for Haren won't be needed for Haren.
December 19, 201411 yr Phelps blows. This. We need another starting pitcher Alvarez Latos Cosart Koehler Phelps Yuck.
December 19, 201411 yr https://twitter.com/BtBScore/status/546008772053712896 Marlins front office: "LOL What's FIP? That's not wins. He isn't a winner. Also, ERA, RBI, stolen bases!" (I'm actually not upset about this deal, but I do think Eovaldi will be a good pitcher.) FIP is rather overrated. I'm sure his FIP will go up now in Yankee Stadium. I don't see Eovaldi doing great over there especially with his troubles against lefties. I wish we hadn't given up on German. We're trading all of our pitching depth. Well with Fernandez, Alvarez, and Cosart we should be fine for a while there. If we can also lock up Latos to a mid or long term contract then we will have time to replenish our pitching depth. We still have Nicolino, Urena, Willams, and Conley who will all either by ready this year or next year.
December 19, 201411 yr Phelps blows. He is what he is. Fly ball pitcher who walks too many. He'll be fine in our park.
December 19, 201411 yr Why does this suddenly make people think we're after shields. Seriously asking cuz I don't see the connection. miami has money, more now with Haren imminent retirement. also Jennings drafted Shields, while at TB.
December 19, 201411 yr Rotation did take a hit losing eovaldi. No way we go into 2015 making the team this much better and not complete the rotation. We're talking Marlins front office here. Eovaldi and Phelps both have 15 career Major League wins. Therefore, they are the same pitcher and we did not lose anything in this trade. Duh.
December 19, 201411 yr Well shit if Shields is possible they better be sure before making all these moves.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.