December 19, 201411 yr McGehee kinda stinks. Prado is an upgrade. The deal makes sense for both teams. We're probably going to sign Peavy now. I'm liking the way the team is shaping up. Peavy signed with the Giants around 3 am this morning.
December 19, 201411 yr As a Yankees fan too, I feel this is a great deal for the Marlins. Prado can play 3B, 2B, and corner outfield positions. How does everyone feel about Eovaldi going to the AL east? Hopefully he can put it together for the Yankees.
December 19, 201411 yr McGehee kinda stinks. Prado is an upgrade. The deal makes sense for both teams. We're probably going to sign Peavy now. I'm liking the way the team is shaping up. Peavy signed with the Giants around 3 am this morning. With a full NTC
December 19, 201411 yr Marlins front office: "LOL What's FIP? That's not wins. He isn't a winner. Also, ERA, RBI, stolen bases!" (I'm actually not upset about this deal, but I do think Eovaldi will be a good pitcher.)
December 19, 201411 yr I don't get the hate for Mcgehee, of course there would be a drop off but man he had a stellar year last year
December 19, 201411 yr I don't get the hate for Mcgehee, of course there would be a drop off but man he had a stellar year last year He had a good first half. Awful second half. Odds are his 2015 would resemble the second half
December 19, 201411 yr This has got to be setting up another deal because they can't pay McGehee to be a bench player. Wonder what this means about Haren too.
December 19, 201411 yr https://twitter.com/BtBScore/status/546008772053712896 Marlins front office: "LOL What's FIP? That's not wins. He isn't a winner. Also, ERA, RBI, stolen bases!" (I'm actually not upset about this deal, but I do think Eovaldi will be a good pitcher.) FIP is rather overrated. I'm sure his FIP will go up now in Yankee Stadium. I don't see Eovaldi doing great over there especially with his troubles against lefties. I wish we hadn't given up on German. We're trading all of our pitching depth.
December 19, 201411 yr I like the deal less now. Domingo German going to the Yankees now. Yeah, I think we really over paid now. However, they are still upgrading the current roster. Looks like they are really all in for 2015 and 2016.
December 19, 201411 yr As a Yankees fan too, I feel this is a great deal for the Marlins. Prado can play 3B, 2B, and corner outfield positions. How does everyone feel about Eovaldi going to the AL east? Hopefully he can put it together for the Yankees. I don't think it's a great fit for Eovaldi but I could be wrong. He struggles against lefties and lefties like hitting in Yankee Stadium.
December 19, 201411 yr We're gonna become like the Heat, a free agent team. we're going all in for the next two years with this group, and then a lot of $$$ opens up and we can go buy free agents again
December 19, 201411 yr If we end up trading McGehee and selling high in the next couple hours, I'll be a bit more alright with this trade.
December 19, 201411 yr I really want to give McGehee the chance to improve and he's great for the clubhouse.
December 19, 201411 yr https://twitter.com/BtBScore/status/546008772053712896 Marlins front office: "LOL What's FIP? That's not wins. He isn't a winner. Also, ERA, RBI, stolen bases!" (I'm actually not upset about this deal, but I do think Eovaldi will be a good pitcher.) FIP is rather overrated. I'm sure his FIP will go up now in Yankee Stadium. I don't see Eovaldi doing great over there especially with his troubles against lefties. I wish we hadn't given up on German. We're trading all of our pitching depth. I agree with you on FIP, I actually prefer xFIP as a predictor of future performance. That being said, Eovaldi is a good pitcher and will continue to be one on the Yankees. Prado is a good player on both sides of the ball and will continue to be so for the Marlins. I am terrified that our front office and Redmond will see Prado's defensive versatility as a sign that he should play the Ed Lucas role while McGehee stays at 3B.
December 19, 201411 yr 12:31pm: Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets that the Yankees will also receive right-hander Domingo German in the trade.
December 19, 201411 yr Of course: One more tidbit to Yankees-Marlins 5-player trade: Yankees also sent an undisclosed amount of money to Marlins in the deal.
December 19, 201411 yr So Eovaldi, Jones, and German for basically Prado. Yeah that's not good. Or, more like, Eovaldi and German for Prado. Jones for Phelps. That's OK.
December 19, 201411 yr So Eovaldi, Jones, and German for basically Prado. Yeah that's not good. Phelps is a serviceable 5th starter type. He's another Koehler. Also, we're getting money in the deal to "spend"
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.