Haren is dumb, he should play the 1 year in the pitcher friendly confines of Marlins Park. Beef his stats up a bit and trick some idiot GM next off-season into giving him a raise.

I think he has said he wants to retire, so this season may be it. Not sure he is looking to establish value.

I remember reading that the Angels don't want Haren though.

Sure, but I am willing to bet they would like to save $14+ million on CJ's contract rather than not have Haren, plus maybe the Marlins throw in some second/third tier prospect carrots.

Money talks. The Marlins can do this but they have to be willing to take on some "bad contracts" from someone else and still value it as free because of Dodger/Yankee money

Haren is dicking around because of how long this is dragging on. He doesn't have the right to make this such a big deal. Its a personal preference of his and I understand the family issue but at this point his decision should be made. Right now he's just wasting time for nothing.

Just tell him he's not getting traded so he can go retire if he wants. Call his bluff.

They shouldn't care what he thinks or wants. Honor your contract or walk away

Good point Admin. He has a frickin contract. You can't just get traded and be like eh I'm not sure if I wanna play for you. Of course people have done that but it's usually a straight up "I'm out" decision. Not this garbage of trying to force a trade. Very few players can pick their place to play. And this point, he can't. There's no reason he should be creating this conundrum for the Marlins. Again, if he wants to retire, that's fine. Just do it already.

Edit: At the end of the day I think this is Jeff Mathis' fault... The back of his next baseball card will read:

"Plus defender but below average offensively and at convincing friends to play on his team. Was often picked last to play kickball in grade school."

Haren is dicking around because of how long this is dragging on. He doesn't have the right to make this such a big deal. Its a personal preference of his and I understand the family issue but at this point his decision should be made. Right now he's just wasting time for nothing.

Like i said, the marlins are the ones dragging this on. They are the one that acquired him hoping to convince him to play here even though he said before the trade he would only play in southern california. He made his call before the trade even went through so I'm not sure how you get the opinion that he is dicking us around.

Good point Admin. He has a frickin contract. You can't just get traded and be like eh I'm not sure if I wanna play for you. Of course people have done that but it's usually a straight up "I'm out" decision. Not this garbage of trying to force a trade. Very few players can pick their place to play. And this point, he can't. There's no reason he should be creating this conundrum for the Marlins. Again, if he wants to retire, that's fine. Just do it already.

Edit: At the end of the day I think this is Jeff Mathis' fault... The back of his next baseball card will read:

"Plus defender but below average offensively and at convincing friends to play on his team. Was often picked last to play kickball in grade school."

He isn't forcing a trade. Idk what you don't get about this but he has made his decision. He isn't contemplating whether he wants to play here. He doesnt. He said before we traded for him he is only pitching for a team in southern california and we still traded for him.

And he can absolutely get traded and say he doesnt want to play for this team. He absolutely has the right to say "I told you I only wanted to play in Southern California if you don't trade me back there I will retire"

LA traded him to the Marlins, I doubt the fish demanded he be included in the deal. Now they are trying to deal him but he is kinda tying their hands with his demands.

LA screwed him by trading him knowing his thoughts and he also screwed himself with his selfish behavior.

Hey fish14, are you Dan Haren?

No but you can't act like Dan Haren is a bad guy in this situation when the marlins knew before they traded for him that he only wanted to pitch in southern cal. You can say the marlins are fucked in trade negotiations for haren because teams know he doesnt want to be here but that isn't Harens fault. If the marlins thought they were going to convince him to pitch here they are stupid.

I just think its dumb to say Dan Haren is "dicking us around" when he made his decision before he was even traded here.

LA screwed him over, they knew his wishes and traded him anyway. I am under the assumption (possibly wrong) that the fish wanted Dee and the Dodgers made them take Haren in the deal

Ok but how does that mean Haren is "dicking the marlins around?" thats all I'm arguing.

I don't think he is. I disagree with those posts. He's been clear before and after the trade what he wants.

That being said, I do think he's a selfish douche.

Hey fish14, are you Dan Haren?

No but you can't act like Dan Haren is a bad guy in this situation when the marlins knew before they traded for him that he only wanted to pitch in southern cal. You can say the marlins are fucked in trade negotiations for haren because teams know he doesnt want to be here but that isn't Harens fault. If the marlins thought they were going to convince him to pitch here they are stupid.

I just think its dumb to say Dan Haren is "dicking us around" when he made his decision before he was even traded here.

I don't think the Marlins assumed he would pitch. I think they assumed he would retire and they'd get a free $10M. That's why they included one or two prospects that they shouldn't have.

I don't really disagree about Phelps, although saying a pitcher will improve going from Yankee stadium to marlins park is not a stretch or bold prediction. Just enjoy pointing out your extreme lack of baseball knowledge.

Pointing out my extreme lack of baseball knowledge? You literally, in the same paragraph, just pointed out something I said that displays some sort of baseball knowledge.

In the post of mine that you chose to use as your example for "my lack if baseball knowledge", what is it that I said that was so far fetched? You just agreed with me about Phelps, so what was it? I think we are all interested to hear why you're so smart.

It really showed no baseball knowledge so much as stating the obvious, and it goes against statements you made in the past(e.g., your refusal to acknowledge that playing in Fenway was advantageous to Satlalamacchia and how he was almost guaranteed to regress moving to a pitcher-friendly park).

I don't really disagree about Phelps, although saying a pitcher will improve going from Yankee stadium to marlins park is not a stretch or bold prediction. Just enjoy pointing out your extreme lack of baseball knowledge.

Pointing out my extreme lack of baseball knowledge? You literally, in the same paragraph, just pointed out something I said that displays some sort of baseball knowledge.

In the post of mine that you chose to use as your example for "my lack if baseball knowledge", what is it that I said that was so far fetched? You just agreed with me about Phelps, so what was it? I think we are all interested to hear why you're so smart.

It really showed no baseball knowledge so much as stating the obvious, and it goes against statements you made in the past(e.g., your refusal to acknowledge that playing in Fenway was advantageous to Satlalamacchia and how he was almost guaranteed to regress moving to a pitcher-friendly park).

dude no offense, shut up. We get it you two don't like each other. Ignore each other then. Im sick of it and I'm sure everyone else is you just going after his baseball knowledge in every single thread. Grow up and realize you aren't going to agree with everything everyone says. Stop going after each other for every little thing each other says. Nobody cares anymore and its annoying to have every thread somehow turn into you two arguing about who is smarter.

you both sound like curmudgeonly losers arguing about who is smarter on an internet forum.

dude no offense, shut up. We get it you two don't like each other. Ignore each other then. Im sick of it and I'm sure everyone else is you just going after his baseball knowledge in every single thread. Grow up and realize you aren't going to agree with everything everyone says. Stop going after each other for every little thing each other says. Nobody cares anymore and its annoying to have every thread somehow turn into you two arguing about who is smarter.

you both sound like curmudgeonly losers arguing about who is smarter on an internet forum.

It's more defense on my end. I can't control the fact that he's a fucking dick.

I'm so sick of Harens shit. Grow up already. If it bothers you so much then just retire and stop dicking everyone around.

I don't think it is him needing to grow up. The marlins knew of this and decided to trade for him anyway. HE can want to be with his family. That shouldn't be an issue. The marlins are dumb if they were counting on him to pitch for them or all of a sudden change his mind about only wanting to pitch in southern california. He isn't dicking anyone around.

I disagree. It's a business, he's a veteran. He should make a decision and be done with it. Have you ever seen another player create a situation like this before and drag it out for weeks? It's kind of ridiculous.

Weeks... No.

Years. Yes.

See Favre, Brett

I'm so sick of Harens shit. Grow up already. If it bothers you so much then just retire and stop dicking everyone around.

I don't think it is him needing to grow up. The marlins knew of this and decided to trade for him anyway. HE can want to be with his family. That shouldn't be an issue. The marlins are dumb if they were counting on him to pitch for them or all of a sudden change his mind about only wanting to pitch in southern california. He isn't dicking anyone around.I disagree. It's a business, he's a veteran. He should make a decision and be done with it. Have you ever seen another player create a situation like this before and drag it out for weeks? It's kind of ridiculous.

Weeks... No.

Years. Yes.

See Favre, Brett

Who is a top 5 quarterback in NFL history. It was annoying nonetheless, but at least Favre was an elite player.

The thing you guys don't get is he has made his decision. He said he is retiring or playing in southern cal. he isn't deliberating whether he is playing here or not.

Actually he's not saying that anymore He said his preference is to play in the West but he did not rule out pitching for the Marlins according to the Sun-Sentinel.

The thing you guys don't get is he has made his decision. He said he is retiring or playing in southern cal. he isn't deliberating whether he is playing here or not.

Actually he's not saying that anymore He said his preference is to play in the West but he did not rule out pitching for the Marlins according to the Sun-Sentinel.

YEA SO THERE TAKE THAT!

welcome-to-the-internet-ill-be-your-guide-.jpg