Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/31 Marlins @ Mets

Featured Replies

 Scary thought guys but unless Phelps suddenly goes eight and Ramos takes the ninth with a lead, this is probably a guaranteed Cishek game. Lets hope Jennings can find him a soft landing spot.

 

 

​Not sure why you wouldn't want to keep him...

 

​He becomes a very valuable bat off the bench.  I don't think he is as good as he showed last year but he's not as bad as he as been.  The injury also gives him a good opportunity to find his swing coming up through the minors on his rehab assignment.

 

A bench of Morse, Baker, Ichiro, Mathis, and filler is very good.

 

 

Im trying to think of who Bour's swing reminds me of and i just can't think of who it is.  Anyone?

 

​For some reason my mind went straight to Adam Dunn when he was with the Nats, (not that I would compare the two in any other manner other than club like swing) but when I went to look at a video of Dunn's swing I think I may have just been mixing him up with someone else.

 

 

  • Author

Who does Frisaro think he is trying to imply that Phelps doesn't suck?

 

David Phelps showed why managers stick w/ starters, even after shaky moments. Settled, retired 10 straight. Thru 6 IP #Marlins

 

— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro)

 

May 31, 2015

 

 

Cishek has gotta get better at some point, right?  

 

As long as he doesn't inherit runners, throw a pitch, or step on the mound.

 

 

Gonna say this before the end of the at bat, hopefully he makes me look bad but Ozuna has been incredibly disappointing at the plate this year

 

 

  • Author
​Phelps doesn't suck.

 

​Except he does. His stuff is flat and his fastball isn't good enough to rely on. He isn't a starter on any other team in this league right now.

 

 

​He isn't saying Phelps doesn't suck, he's saying you don't always pull ur starter at the first sign of trouble . They often get through the storm

 

 

​Except he does. His stuff is flat and his fastball isn't good enough to rely on. He isn't a starter on any other team in this league right now.

 

​I think his stuff kinda sucks too, but his #'s are fine and he's been pretty consistent for the most part. 

 

 

​I think his stuff kinda sucks too, but his #'s are fine and he's been pretty consistent for the most part. 

 

​Hes a perfect example of a guy who you would love as a long reliever and really hope your rotation doesn't get injured forcing him to start.

 

 

  • Author
​I think his stuff kinda sucks too, but his #'s are fine and he's been pretty consistent for the most part. 

 

​I was at his last start. It was absolutely horrendous.

 

 

Who does Frisaro think he is trying to imply that Phelps doesn't suck?

 

I like Phelps. Thought they did well with that Yankees trade by getting him. He was never supposed to be a starter, although I thought he could. He's been fine

 

 

​He's always been streaky.

 

​Ya but there has been seemingly one good streak this year on that west coast trip and he's been pretty worthless the rest of the year at the plate.

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.