If you notice a lot of those trades involved teams taking on salary for us (Yankees, Dodgers)

They also extended Stanton and Yelich. I get that there has been a general precedent set, but let's wait to see what they do with this money before we start railing.

look like we filling  farm team with player that why we taking daft pick from them

do you not read anything just post whatever you want?  the details of the trade have been out there for 2 hours at this point and you are butchering them.

@Admin tell me you have some sage-like insight...

honest opinion...is this ever going to get better? It really seems like we keep getting tricked into thinking they are moving forward when in actuality they are just selling picks and international slots...

whats worse is that other teams seem to know this...we are setting the bar for other teams to make value on lesser prospects...

The "real fan" response is probably "leave we don't need you here"...but I don't want to wake up feeling like I got Expo'ed...I don't think the "real fan" wants to either...

They also extended Stanton and Yelich. I get that there has been a general precedent set, but let's wait to see what they do with this money before we start railing.

They extended stanton for a below market value deal for the next 6 years, after which they most likely won't be here any longer (hopefully to pay that) and they signed yelich for a cheap deal as well that will turn out to be a bargain.  This team always has something up its sleeve contrary to what they tell the public.

@Admin tell me you have some sage-like insight...

honest opinion...is this ever going to get better. It really seems like we keep getting tricked into thinking they are moving forward when in actuality they are just selling picks and international slots...

whats worse is that other teams seem to know this...we are setting the bar for other teams to make value on lesser prospects...

The "real fan" response is probably "leave we don't need you here"...but I don't want to wake up feeling like I got Expo'ed...I don't think the "real fan" wants to either...

Yes, I believe they took good steps forward last off-season and I like to think they'll continue going in the right direction this coming off-season. Will it happen?  Who knows but I am hopeful.

They extended stanton for a below market value deal for the next 6 years, after which they most likely won't be here any longer (hopefully to pay that) and they signed yelich for a cheap deal as well that will turn out to be a bargain.  This team always has something up its sleeve contrary to what they tell the public.

Wait...so we are criticizing the FO for signing someone to a bargain contract? Isn't that what front offices are supposed to do?

to me, reinvesting the money does not involve signing the retreads we sign every winter.  its always reclamation projects or older non impact players they are hoping to match their career years

Well I get your point but if you want them to sign Price or Zimmermann this off-season... don't hold your breath.

Wait...so we are criticizing the FO for signing someone to a bargain contract? Isn't that what front offices are supposed to do?

Not criticizing them but I don't consider that reinvesting the money like we have been promised for how many years now?  This team occasionally resigns their own stars and then signs "bargain" free agents and doesnt draft well and does nothing in the international markets.  Its a horrible, cheap front office and ownership group.

Well I get your point but if you want them to sign Price or Zimmermann this off-season... don't hold your breath.

Which is why it drives me crazy that we are giving away our best deadline trade asset pretty much to save 8 million for next year.  To most teams that is so insignificant and the type of player you are getting for 8 million dollars is fairly insignificant that its absolutely fucking moronic to get rid of a first round pick and a quality pitcher to save that for next year when its gonna be spent on a guy like Mike Morse or Casey Mcgehee or Martin Prado yet again.  Its mind boggling.

1992%20Bats:%20R%20Throws:%20R%09Height:%206'%200"%20Weight:%20200%20lb.%20Drafted:%202013,%204th%20(124)%20-%20LADRead somewhere that Jeff Brigham might be part of the return.  Not positive.  Their # 28 prospect.

16678179130_1f568f7df0_o_umdvmw3g_yrl7pfy8.jpg

Jeff Brigham | Rank: 28

Team: Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (A Adv)ETA: 2017Position: RHPAge: 23 DOB: 02/16/1992Bats: R Throws: RHeight: 6' 0" Weight: 200 lb.Drafted: 2013, 4th (124) - LAD

Not criticizing them but I don't consider that reinvesting the money like we have been promised for how many years now?  This team occasionally resigns their own stars and then signs "bargain" free agents and doesnt draft well and does nothing in the international markets.  Its a horrible, cheap front office and ownership group.

I agree that they are a cheap FO. There is no doubting that, and free agency is another issue entirely, but I don't see anything wrong with re-signing our own players on bargain contracts. Wouldn't you rather that than them overpaying?

HAHAHAHAHA looks at that guys numbers as a 23 year old in high A.  This team is a joke.  Straight salary dump and we used our best trade asset and a first round pick to save 8 million.  unbelievable.

He missed 2013 with T J Surgery.  K #'s are solid but control issues after the TJ procedure.  Either way he is a bullpen arm.

I agree that they are a cheap FO. There is no doubting that, and free agency is another issue entirely, but I don't see anything wrong with re-signing our own players on bargain contracts. Wouldn't you rather that than them overpaying?

I think that these things should be mutually exclusive...

The money they use on players they trade should be reinvested in the team..

The money they make on selling picks and slots she be used on resigning/signing players they have.