"Should We Be Worried?" AJ Ramos Edition

Since the rest of this season is meant to evaluate the roster heading into 2016, should we be worried about AJ Ramos as our closer beyond this season?

At least on the surface he's already blown enough opportunities to make me question him.

Is he automatically our 2016 closer? Do we try other in house options? Should we target options from outside the organization?

Thoughts?

Guest Vince0926

Never liked ramos. Good riddance. However this leaves a gap in our closer situation. But marlins will sign guys that will hype us up and then that person will fail. With that being said, make wittgren the closer.....but send him up NOW.

The should have fucking explored trading him last month, tbh.

hitting, not pitching, was what was at a premium at the deadline.  won't be much different of an offer if they move him during the offseason versus the deadline (assuming he doesn't blow out his arm or something before then).  Stanton won't be a happy camper though and he'll probably break the hamate bone in his other hand and be out for all next year when he gently leans against a wall to cry. 

hitting, not pitching, was what was at a premium at the deadline.  won't be much different of an offer if they move him during the offseason versus the deadline (assuming he doesn't blow out his arm or something before then).  Stanton won't be a happy camper though and he'll probably break the hamate bone in his other hand and be out for all next year when he gently leans against a wall to cry. 

i said explored trading him which according to all reports they didnt do at all.

big difference between moving someone for garbage and engaging in trade discussion for a closer who was hot at the time.  

yet again michael hill not having a clue of how to run a major league organization.  or maybe most of the fans of the team are just too stupid to know what is going on.

Guest Vince0926
i said explored trading him which according to all reports they didnt do at all.

big difference between moving someone for garbage and engaging in trade discussion for a closer who was hot at the time.  

yet again michael hill not having a clue of how to run a major league organization.  or maybe most of the fans of the team are just too stupid to know what is going on.

reading this made me realize that EVERYBODY thinks this FO is a joke, no matter where we all stand on certain issues.

Is it silly to speculate how much Stanton would care about a Ramos trade? I'm hoping Stanton is a professional and a smart man... and that we're all looking too much into their friendship. 

With that said, Stanton has been vocal more than once when the organization does something he doesn't approve of so it's possible that a Ramos trade does set him off again.

Is it silly to speculate how much Stanton would care about a Ramos trade? I'm hoping Stanton is a professional and a smart man... and that we're all looking too much into their friendship. 

With that said, Stanton has been vocal more than once when the organization does something he doesn't approve of so it's possible that a Ramos trade does set him off again.

who cares. he will get over it.  he has many million reasons to get over it.

i said it on the 31st and ill say it again.  it was absolutely idiotic not to trade Ramos at the deadline.  He is not a closer on a playoff team and teams will give up more at the deadline in terms of prospects for a great set up guy in a trade than they will in the offseason when they don't know how much of an impact a set up guy is going to have on their team as a whole.  

so stupid, especially considering all they have done in the last 12 months is trade for potential bullpen arms.

I want capps as the closer because I want him to increase his value. This team will probably be the same pile of shit at 2016 deadline, and the pieces to be had when you have a closer that put up capps # could be awesome. 

Perhaps, but i think most of the league (excluding the Marlins) doesn't hold saves as a valuable stat anymore. Every front office executive in the league would say Capps is a top 5 reliever regardless of his save numbers.

i said it on the 31st and ill say it again.  it was absolutely idiotic not to trade Ramos at the deadline.  He is not a closer on a playoff team and teams will give up more at the deadline in terms of prospects for a great set up guy in a trade than they will in the offseason when they don't know how much of an impact a set up guy is going to have on their team as a whole.  

so stupid, especially considering all they have done in the last 12 months is trade for potential bullpen arms.

You do realize there need to be 2 sides in a trade right?  They could've traded AJ for crap, nobody offered them anything great so they didn't trade him.