September 10, 201511 yr Author So awful. I had no idea he had a relapse. He's definitely one of my most favorite people who covers the Marlins.
September 10, 201511 yr So awful. I had no idea he had a relapse. He's definitely one of my most favorite people who covers the Marlins. No doubt.
September 10, 201511 yr Author If you can't donate, please at least share it and hopefully others will be able to. I feel awful for his family.
September 10, 201511 yr He helped me out a lot when I was first getting started writing on the world wide web. He's an awesome dude and this is terrible news.
September 10, 201511 yr Those of you on Twitter: Share the link with as many big name Twitter users as possible and try to get some retweets. The more views this gets, the more likely we can reach the goal.
September 10, 201511 yr Author Not only is Juan a member of this site but he did a Q&A for us when we first starting out. He quoted us in the paper multiple times. He was always friendly and helpful when I spent time with him in Florida. He got things done for me when nobody else would. I only started to really write about the team regularly due to his influence and help early on. Much like SITA, he's a big reason I write about the Marlins today. He's a genuinely nice guy. I really hope the Marlins can run with this too and help out.
September 10, 201511 yr Not only is Juan a member of this site but he did a Q&A for us when we first starting out. He quoted us in the paper multiple times. He was always friendly and helpful when I spent time with him in Florida. He got things done for me when nobody else would. I only started to really write about the team regularly due to his influence and help early on. Much like SITA, he's a big reason I write about the Marlins today. He's a genuinely nice guy. I really hope the Marlins can run with this too and help out. Get the site to Rich & Tommy
September 10, 201511 yr Jeffrey should write a 50k check as a sign of goodwill from the organization to those that cover the team. And the media would not hate him for a change.
September 10, 201511 yr Rich RT it now I got RTs (in one form or another) from Productive Outs, Keith Law, and Molly Knight so far. Going to keep on working on it.
September 10, 201511 yr Author I got RTs (in one form or another) from Productive Outs, Keith Law, and Molly Knight so far. Going to keep on working on it. Awesome stuff, I see the donations going up faster now.
September 10, 201511 yr I bet a lot of fellow scribes from MLB end up giving a little something. They know he would do the same for them.
September 11, 201511 yr Regular MLBTR readers will be familiar with the work of Juan C. Rodriguez, who covers the Marlins for the Sun-Sentinel. Juan has battled brain cancer for several years, undergoing surgeries and chemotherapy treatments. A campaign has been launched to help support him, as well as his wife and children, in this difficult time. Please take a moment to read the story and consider giving to provide a hand to the Rodriguez family. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ Thought this was great to see that it is spreading everywhere.
September 11, 201511 yr Even Scoop's wife donated to the cause. I really hope the Marlins do something.
September 11, 201511 yr Even Scoop's wife donated to the cause. I really hope the Marlins do something. Scoop has a wife? I heard they went on their first date just last week.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.