March 16, 201610 yr Tampa lost. If Boston wins, we have a game on hand. If Boston loses, we are back in first and coincidentally back in 2nd in the East. The parity in the NHL never ceases to amaze me. Look how bad we've been and look how close we still are to [anyone minus Washington].
March 16, 201610 yr The difference between last night and the night before was goaltending. Luongo needs to get it together. I feel like the team has been playing well since the trade deadline honestly, but we haven't gotten the same caliber of goaltending since the break. Regression was expected, but not to this extent from Lu. And Montoya has been playing well honestly. Not sure who should be in net tomorrow.
March 16, 201610 yr The difference between last night and the night before was goaltending. Luongo needs to get it together. I feel like the team has been playing well since the trade deadline honestly, but we haven't gotten the same caliber of goaltending since the break. Regression was expected, but not to this extent from Lu. And Montoya has been playing well honestly. Not sure who should be in net tomorrow. I'd run Al out there tomorrow personally
March 16, 201610 yr I'd run Al out there tomorrow personally Agreed, bring back Lu vs DET hope he gets his confidence back and then shuts out the Rangers.
March 17, 201610 yr I'd just keep playing Luongo until the last 4 or 5 games of the season and if he can't get his shit together, be ready to tandem the playoffs.
March 17, 201610 yr I'd just keep playing Luongo until the last 4 or 5 games of the season and if he can't get his shit together, be ready to tandem the playoffs. I don't want to see his gig taken away, just going with the "hot hand" right now. But I see your point.
March 18, 201610 yr Next four games are the last direct matchups with both division and conference rivals. If they want to make the playoffs, they've got tomorrow against the Red Wings. If they want to win the Atlantic, they've got those games against Boston and Tampa. If they want to finish 2nd in the East, they've also got that game against the Rangers. Lucky for them, after next week, their clinching games are easy opponents. Tampa and Boston will still have some tough cookies.
March 20, 201610 yr This team keeps blowing leads. Luongo keeps allowing bad goals. Derek MacKenzie needs to comeback because they can't win a faceoff.
March 20, 201610 yr Never thought I'd be so mad at hockey with the Panthers leading their division. Another bullshit game.
March 20, 201610 yr Another thing, can we please fire Mike Kelly? The one aspect of this team that truly sucks and has sucked all year is the powerplay. It's horrible and it doesn't make sense because the players are good enough to make it work.
March 20, 201610 yr Another thing, can we please fire Mike Kelly? The one aspect of this team that truly sucks and has sucked all year is the powerplay. It's horrible and it doesn't make sense because the players are good enough to make it work. I think the issue was that going into the season there was this idea that pass to Pirri would be their power play.
March 25, 201610 yr If they can knock off Tampa on Saturday, they'll effectively have 'clinched' a playoff spot, and made a good case for 1st place in the Atlantic.
March 25, 201610 yr All three of them, as individuals, have put up phenomenal numbers. 48-46-55 54-50-46 You'd never know which line is which. Who would've thought it'd Be Bjugstad as the one struggling...? If he can find his former self, and click with Hudler/Purcell, this team is in a really good offensive place for the playoffs.
March 27, 201610 yr Huge win! Luongo looking good again the last two games. Trocheck line another great game. Barkov line played well tonight too. Bjugstad has been better, just not scoring. 4th line is terrible, we need MacKenzie back. 2 point lead in the division with 7 games left & now an 8 point on the 9th seed Detroit. The last 7 games are against teams that aren't going to make the playoffs so lets get 100+ points.
March 27, 201610 yr Playoffs are more or less a lock. I want the division dammit. Division, schmivision...I want the Cup.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.