October 17, 201510 yr Fine. Just like conversate is a word. Both words used by those short on diction and long on ignorance. FYI it's only a word today because so many people have used it improperly it has forced its way into the dictionary. Shockingly the conclusion here: Admin = right Wild Card = wrong And Irregardless was first seen in dictionaries in the early 20th century, so its not really some new phenomena word or anything.
October 17, 201510 yr you actually used the word 'long' incorrectly. I figured I'd let you know in case you ever use it like that around other vocabulary elitist douchebags. They might take more exception to such a heinous crime than simple ignorant people like us Plese explain how long was not used correctly. Shockingly the conclusion here: Admin = right Wild Card = wrong And Irregardless was first seen in dictionaries in the early 20th century, so its not really some new phenomena word or anything. Well, I wouldn't say Admin was right. The word is still ridiculous. Entendu was right because I guess it's technically in the dictionary... But it doesn't make the word any less ridiculous. Just because people were using such a ridiculous word in the early 20th century simply means people have been saying stupid shit for a long time. BTW Admin, I didn't intend on this becoming a thing, I was just being playful. Some people have to make it a thing.
October 17, 201510 yr I'm ignorant and wrong over the use of a word that exists. Sweet! oops forgot "idiocy" was involved too. Wow bad day for me
October 17, 201510 yr Plese explain how long was not used correctly. Well, I wouldn't say Admin was right. The word is still ridiculous. Entendu was right because I guess it's technically in the dictionary... But it doesn't make the word any less ridiculous. Just because people were using such a ridiculous word in the early 20th century simply means people have been saying stupid shit for a long time. BTW Admin, I didn't intend on this becoming a thing, I was just being playful. Some people have to make it a thing. just you calling out Admin for a factual (and easily check able one) error is comical nof nearly as comical as your defense here but I digress
October 17, 201510 yr As a multi-published author (six books and around 10,000+ articles) my word is final on this debate. Irregardless IS a word. However, personally, I would hang my head in shame if I ever used it to mean 'regardless'. So there.
October 17, 201510 yr You know it's the offseason when a word can lead to a 3-page debate. And this marks the second time in a week I've been told I should be ashamed here.
October 17, 201510 yr You know it's the offseason when a word can lead to a 3-page debate. And this marks the second time in a week I've been told I should be ashamed here. Well you should be ashamed for many things, honestly.
October 17, 201510 yr I didn't realize MB.com now has to follow all the literary guidelines I didn't realize that MB.com now has to follow all literary guidelines.
October 17, 201510 yr I didn't realize that MB.com now has to follow all literary guidelines. Good thing @Admin has an editor over at NBC huh?
October 17, 201510 yr I didn't realize MB.com now has to follow all the literary guidelines Why isn't there a period at the end of your sentence?
October 17, 201510 yr Why isn't there a period at the end of your sentence? It's not his time of the month.
October 17, 201510 yr All I know if Perry Hill better be back. I think he will be irregardless of who the manager is I didn't even want to use it there but I had to.
October 17, 201510 yr No. It's because he is a quality hitting coach who left the Rangers due to his desire to work closer to Florida. Playing for the Marlins was just conjecture. I mean that's fine if the Marlins connection has no sway. But I feel like it factors in when people like Harris, Cornelius, and Redmond get jobs. And that's dumb.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.