Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dave Magadan

Featured Replies

While in College I had a professor who was also a published writer and he had a list of "words" that were never allowed to be used in anything that was submitted for a grade unless you wanted an automatic F.  "Irregardless" was on that list.  Just about anything can be considered a "word" - for evidence see some of the heinous recent additions to Webster's.  I too am going to say it's NOT a word since it really doesn't have a meaning behind it anymore than saying something like piddlepufferkins (which, if it caught on and people used it frequently enough, would eventually be included into the dictionary as a "word").  Also, you have "words" like OMG listed in the dictionary.  Is OMG a word though?  I say no.

 

 

Also since Dave and I went to the same High School, does this mean the Marlins will also want to hire me  since I have "ties" to the organization?  I'll work for 6 figures for a couple years before Loria fires me to go on my merry way. 

 

 

Speaking of language, I know I get the piss taken out of me for odd Brit spellings such as 'colour' and 'realise' and 'plough' and 'centre', but I hope you realize that when Noah Webster created the first 'American English' dictionary he deliberately changed loads of words to make them easier for dumb Americans to spell correctly?

 

Among his spellings that didn't catch on were 'masheen', 'beleev' and 'grotesk'.

 

 

I mean that's fine if the Marlins connection has no sway. But I feel like it factors in when people like Harris, Cornelius, and Redmond get jobs. And that's dumb.

 

Harris and Redmond fine but do you really think Cornelius got his job here because of his playing time here? I mean does Loria even know that he played here?

 

 

Speaking of language, I know I get the piss taken out of me for odd Brit spellings such as 'colour' and 'realise' and 'plough' and 'centre', but I hope you realize that when Noah Webster created the first 'American English' dictionary he deliberately changed loads of words to make them easier for dumb Americans to spell correctly?

 

Among his spellings that didn't catch on were 'masheen', 'beleev' and 'grotesk'.

 

I could have understood masheen and grotesk catching on, but there are no English words, American or otherwise, with a suffix anything like "eev" so I see why that didn't work.

 

 

Harris and Redmond fine but do you really think Cornelius got his job here because of his playing time here? I mean does Loria even know that he played here?

 

Yes. Because it seems like he was working for the organization for like 8 or 10 years before he became bullpen coach. Almost like he transitioned in not too long after his playing career ended. But I suppose that trajectory is a bit different than Harris's or Redmond's.

 

 

Yes. Because it seems like he was working for the organization for like 8 or 10 years before he became bullpen coach. Almost like he transitioned in not too long after his playing career ended. But I suppose that trajectory is a bit different than Harris's or Redmond's.

 

Oh I didn't know that. Even then, it was probably, as you said, more of a transition to coaching and not just "Oooh he played here? Give him a job!" But yea I see your point.

 

 

a lot of organizations hire former players as coaches in their system, especially for said players' first coaching gig.

 

its why it pays to not burn bridges.

 

i dont know how or why a reid cornelius as a minor coach is worth any real discussion.

 

 

Plese explain how long was not used correctly.

 

Well, I wouldn't say Admin was right. The word is still ridiculous. Entendu was right because I guess it's technically in the dictionary... But it doesn't make the word any less ridiculous. Just because people were using such a ridiculous word in the early 20th century simply means people have been saying stupid shit for a long time.

 

BTW Admin, I didn't intend on this becoming a thing, I was just being playful. Some people have to make it a thing.

 

God, am I glad to see he doesn't drop things on here too. At home, he is just as argumentative, right and wrong. While his argument is 100% correct (I'm a geek and got a perfect 800 on my writing SAT way back when), he shouldn't be being correct on here because it should not have been brought up. Let's get back to Magadan! And Admin, I apologize for him! :)

 

 

I'm gun-shy now, just going to post the most basic things.

 

basic b**** hahahahahaha! But seriously, it's in his nature to never let anything go. No hard feelings I'm sure!

 

 

basic b**** hahahahahaha! But seriously, it's in his nature to never let anything go. No hard feelings I'm sure!

 

Well, you'd know.

 

 

Wild Card was right though. You guys were the ones being pedantic saying it was a word since it's in the dictionary (loads if bs words are in the dictionary). Leave wild card alone!

 

 

Thats not from him.  Though yes he could override it in the end.  No need to be so confrontational always man

 

I'm sorry Admin, it's just Loria drives me mad. I am so frustrated with him as the owner I guess I lash out.

 

 

What's Zack Cox been up to these days?

 

He was one of the Suns best hitters this year. He's also 26. Could still make it as a late bloomer. Good swing.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.