Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If we could add one more SP, who would you add?

Who would you add? 78 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you add?

    • Doug Fister 
      19%
      15
    • Cliff Lee 
      24%
      19
    • Yovani Gallardo 
      24%
      19
    • Aaron Harang 
      0%
      0
    • Tim Lincecum 
      30%
      24
    • Other 
      1%
      1

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I listen to a lot of DC sports radio. They talk a lot of Nats obviously but they did the entire NL east today. They made it sound like they were more afraid of the Marlins than the Mets.

 

 

I don't even think minor league deals can be for multiple years for free agents. I'm pretty sure if it's a minor league deal, it's a one year thing and even then it usually has different terms for "if the player makes the team" or if he stays in the minors. I think they used to call it a split contract, but I haven't heard that term for a while.

 

Either way, Lincecum will absolutely get an MLB deal, and will probably make more than a lot of us expect. I feel like some of us think 1 year $1 million will get the job done, but I think Lincecum signs somewhere for about $7 million a year, maybe a bit less AAV if he gets multiple years guaranteed. 

 

 

I think he gets a lower base salary like $3 million or so with incentives that can reach up to $7 million or so.

 

 

I think I need to keep this thread alive,so when would Lincecum showing his BIG ARM to everybody? or does he think he's still not ready to got a 30M/year contract ?

 

 

The showcase of Tim Lincecum was pushed back from January to February to March to April to May to June to July to August to September to October to November to December.

 

 

  • The Padres have been “very active” in pursuing free agent righty Tim Lincecum, agent Rick Thurman said in an appearance on The Mighty 1090 (via Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune). Teams are waiting for the former Cy Young winner to put on a showcase, which Thurman now says will take place within the next two weeks. He explains that Lincecum preferred to work his way back to form on his own before signing, with the plan being to “build[] up his arm strength so that when he actually goes and does a showcase he’s going to be game-ready.”
     

 

  • Author

Wtf so basically Timmy is working his own personal spring training and hoping to just slide right onto someone's Opening Day roster?

 

Sounds a little arrogant from my perspective.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.