If we could add one more SP, who would you add?

Who would you add?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you add?

• Doug Fister 
    • Cliff Lee 
    • Yovani Gallardo 
    • Aaron Harang 
    • Tim Lincecum 
    • Other 

I don't even think minor league deals can be for multiple years for free agents. I'm pretty sure if it's a minor league deal, it's a one year thing and even then it usually has different terms for "if the player makes the team" or if he stays in the minors. I think they used to call it a split contract, but I haven't heard that term for a while.

Either way, Lincecum will absolutely get an MLB deal, and will probably make more than a lot of us expect. I feel like some of us think 1 year $1 million will get the job done, but I think Lincecum signs somewhere for about $7 million a year, maybe a bit less AAV if he gets multiple years guaranteed. 

• The Padres have been “very active” in pursuing free agent righty Tim Lincecum, agent Rick Thurman said in an appearance on The Mighty 1090 (via Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune). Teams are waiting for the former Cy Young winner to put on a showcase, which Thurman now says will take place within the next two weeks. He explains that Lincecum preferred to work his way back to form on his own before signing, with the plan being to “build[] up his arm strength so that when he actually goes and does a showcase he’s going to be game-ready.”