Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins Sign Craig Breslow

Featured Replies

I think this is a decent signing. He's been consistent in logging innings and had a decent year last year but he's proven he can be very effective. 

 

Good option for a nice bounce back. 

 

 

I was just looking at his splits. He really wasn't very good against LHH the last two years. 

 

I was thinking we got him as a situational lefty but I guess not. 

 

 

2013 called and said this is awesome.

 

Actually it's a decent deal since he'll need to perform to even make the team. It also never hurts to have a Yale mind in the locker room.

 

 

He hasn't been good against LHH the last 2 years, but who knows with relievers...maybe he'll have a good year.  Either way, not a bad gamble at the price. 

 

 

  • Author

Interesting thing I read: Breslow was "marketing himself" as a starter this offseason, so he may be given a chance to earn a rotation spot with the Fishies.

 

 

Interesting thing I read: Breslow was "marketing himself" as a starter this offseason, so he may be given a chance to earn a rotation spot with the Fishies.

 

Doubt it since they are reportedly still pursuing another starter.  

 

 

My guess is Breslow will compete with Hand and the other young lefties for the 2nd LH spot in the pen...although I'd love to get rid of Dunn entirely, but that seems unlikely at this point.

 

Seems like they are still bargain hunting for rotation depth (i.e. Minor League deal).  Of the available options at that price, I'd take a chance on Alfredo Simon.

 

 

Honestly though Brad Hand represents everything bad about this team the last 6-7 years.

 

I was gonna respond by chewing you out for thinking Brad Hand has been a Marlin for that long. Then I realized you were right and now I can't stop crying. 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.