March 20, 201610 yr I wanted some sort of deal done by the end of the week but nope nope nope . We have a culture of losing and with rienzo hitting people to end games, Conley striking out 6 in a row in a game that wasn't even an "official" spring training game and still having hand on this team. Yep got a 75-87 lined up for ya.
March 20, 201610 yr Rienzo will start on Opening Day. Hand will follow. Good righty-lefty combo, should throw off the other team.
March 20, 201610 yr Rienzo won't make this team and might not even get a call up this year. Injuries this year could bring up rienzo, lazo, mcgough, Flores, urena plus holdovers Dunn and hand and new turds like Jackson. Truth be told. For us to contend at this stage, Koehler better stop acting like a crybaby douche and cosart and Conley simply need to over perform. While that can happen, how would anyone know if the offense will be consistent enough? I don't like the prospects of this year because of the failure of the FO.
March 20, 201610 yr Rienzo will start on Opening Day. Hand will follow. Good righty-lefty combo, should throw off the other team. I'm confident that our offense will score 50 runs the first two games.
March 20, 201610 yr I'm confident that our offense will score 50 runs the first two games. The first 8 games was OK.
March 20, 201610 yr I'm really excited to see what Conley can do. Him and Capps should be a treat to watch this year.
March 20, 201610 yr I'm really excited to see what Conley can do. Him and Capps should be a treat to watch this year. Oh my Capps.
March 21, 201610 yr I'm really excited to see what Conley can do. Him and Capps should be a treat to watch this year. Are they rebooting their version of Misadventures of Logan and JJ?
March 21, 201610 yr Author So we've all said we need a Number 3 guy behind Jose and Chen (err, umm, make that Chen and Jose) and while we don't have that one guy... can a combination of the 2014 Cosart and this finally blossoming Conley be what we need to make up for the lack of a true number 3?
March 21, 201610 yr So we've all said we need a Number 3 guy behind Jose and Chen (err, umm, make that Chen and Jose) and while we don't have that one guy... can a combination of the 2014 Cosart and this finally blossoming Conley be what we need to make up for the lack of a true number 3? Yes. But can they see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
March 21, 201610 yr Author But can they see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Ask Admin about that one, not squall.
March 21, 201610 yr So we've all said we need a Number 3 guy behind Jose and Chen (err, umm, make that Chen and Jose) and while we don't have that one guy... can a combination of the 2014 Cosart and this finally blossoming Conley be what we need to make up for the lack of a true number 3? love conley as much as the next guy but lets let him get 100 mlb innings before we call him blossoming
March 21, 201610 yr Author love conley as much as the next guy but lets let him get 100 mlb innings before we call him blossoming Ok but you know what I meant. If this springs versions of both Conley and Cosart can be kept up throughout the season, do they make up for our lack of a true #3.
March 21, 201610 yr Ok but you know what I meant. If this springs versions of both Conley and Cosart can be kept up throughout the season, do they make up for our lack of a true #3. well conley could be an actual #3. I'm still not convinced cosart should be a SP as he only has 2 pitches
March 22, 201610 yr Fernandez, Chen, Koehler, Conley, and Cosart is one of the most reliable rotations you'll see, especially if Koehler ups the consistency. I'll agree that they may not be as bad as some expect, but Cosart and Koehler both have "blow up game" potential where they don't last beyond the third inning.
March 23, 201610 yr Fernandez, Chen, Koehler, Conley, and Cosart is one of the most reliable rotations you'll see, especially if Koehler ups the consistency. I don't even think it's the most reliable rotation in florida
March 23, 201610 yr I'll agree that they may not be as bad as some expect, but Cosart and Koehler both have "blow up game" potential where they don't last beyond the third inning. and Conley is unproven.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.