Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016-17 Florida Panthers Season Thread

Featured Replies

On the bright side, I like the way the team has played in Rowe's first two games against pretty good teams. 

 

 

Welp folks, all my worst fears have been realized. We spent all that time with bad ownership, and finally get away from it, to slip right back into it. I can't believe I have to deal with the chance of Loria x2. Christ.

 

I'm just so depressed. I'm beside myself, I can't tell ya.

 

Gallant was fired because he didn't want to be a puppet for the front office and refused to tailor his strategy to his personnel ( think Art Howe in Moneyball).

 

Admirable qualities in an man, loyal to his own convictions and valuing his integrity over his paycheck.

 

However, the downfall of many a manager in every sport before him and many more after him.

 

 

Gallant was fired because he didn't want to be a puppet for the front office and refused to tailor his strategy to his personnel ( think Art Howe in Moneyball).

 

Admirable qualities in an man, loyal to his own convictions and valuing his integrity over his paycheck.

 

However, the downfall of many a manager in every sport before him and many more after him.

 

I'm not arguing that. This is just personal, being a sports fan of the Marlins, and Panthers, and the way the Hurricane football team has been for the last 14 years, and where the Panthers were at in their rebuild...

 

The last thing I wanted was ownership interference with the Panthers.

 

 

I think the most important thing when this blue line went through such an upheaval, is for the Front Office and the Coaching Staff to be on the same page. This isn't the same dump and chase blue line we had last year, it was meant to be more finnesse and control the puck through all three zones.

 

Gallant showed an unwillingness to adapt to his personnel and use it's strengths to his advantage. The very reason Adam Gase was so successful recently is he realized this wasn't the type of team he was forcing his system on, so he changed his system to a more of a run first, option type offense.

 

Gallant needed to realize that sooner, his offensive game plan up front was good.... he just wasn't open to facilitating that offense a different way.  

 

That, and Reimer was signed to be a 1B goaltender, but Lu coming off hip surgery has started 18 games to Reimer's 10. It should be more even, and it should be a priority to get Reimer going. He's won 3 of those 10 games.

 

Rowe is dangerously close to having to fire himself for not using his own signing the way he intended.

 

 

Wow am I fucking fed up with this team. Some injuries but making no player changes, scoring one fucking goal a game. Pathetic.

 

I'm going to submit my vote for Billy Martin of the Year award for Gallant.

 

 

  • Author

[ATTACH]1265._xfImport[/ATTACH]

 

[ATTACH]1266._xfImport[/ATTACH]

 

[ATTACH]1267._xfImport[/ATTACH]

 

If you couldnt visualize. 

 

IMG_4728.thumb.JPG.8460c4856d7917bce2fdd8f381581af9.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG.e48b6cafb4707a6179a27dc485ec6aff.JPG

IMG_4730.thumb.JPG.75cddf69558e9c43d782fb0737c42886.JPG

That Gallant firing seemed the right thing to do in hindsight...

 

Hindsight is 20-20, it was just like the Redmond firing last year

 

 

Hindsight is 20-20, it was just like the Redmond firing last year

 

I don't understand what you're saying.

 

 

  • Author
That Gallant firing seemed the right thing to do in hindsight...

 

Why? Gallant brought winning and more importantly stability. The players liked him and he wasn't a total idiot. 

 

Tom Rowe is a selfish shit with an anger problem. Who does that remind me of? Mike Keenan. How did that era treat the Panthers? 

 

Your coach should never be your GM. When a frustrated coach has the ability to use emotion to act on their roster management, it spells out bad business. Rowe is an asshole who did this for his own self benefit. 

 

 

Why? Gallant brought winning and more importantly stability. The players liked him and he wasn't a total idiot. 

 

Tom Rowe is a selfish shit with an anger problem. Who does that remind me of? Mike Keenan. How did that era treat the Panthers? 

 

Your coach should never be your GM. When a frustrated coach has the ability to use emotion to act on their roster management, it spells out bad business. Rowe is an asshole who did this for his own self benefit. 

 

That was sarcasm. Should have been more clear.

 

 

Anyone else find themselves to be not interested in this team at this point? The games actually make me fall asleep when I watch. They do everything wrong. At least Luongo is still good, which makes them mediocre rather than completely terrible.

 

 

Anyone else find themselves to be not interested in this team at this point? The games actually make me fall asleep when I watch. They do everything wrong. At least Luongo is still good, which makes them mediocre rather than completely terrible.

Can't hold leads for shit. Same song and dance every game.

Anyone else find themselves to be not interested in this team at this point? The games actually make me fall asleep when I watch. They do everything wrong. At least Luongo is still good, which makes them mediocre rather than completely terrible.

 

Yes, that's what it looks like to me too. Management performed a hatchet job on what was looking like one of the best young up and coming teams in the league. 

 

 

Anyone else find themselves to be not interested in this team at this point? The games actually make me fall asleep when I watch. They do everything wrong. At least Luongo is still good, which makes them mediocre rather than completely terrible.

 

Yup same for me and I'm not even as down on the team as some others. Idk why but when they lose I don't feel shit.

 

 

Anyone else find themselves to be not interested in this team at this point? The games actually make me fall asleep when I watch. They do everything wrong. At least Luongo is still good, which makes them mediocre rather than completely terrible.

 

It's unfair to say they do everything wrong. Huberdeaus injury killed the top line then the saving grace of it Marchessault got hurt and it just got worse.

 

When it comes to the PP you are right it's awful but the PK is really good. I was hard on matheson early in the year but he's gotten tons better. I also really like Demers 90% of the time. Ekblad has looked like ass most of the year and I really don't know why. But he's been decent the last few games.

 

The older guys are old a la Jagr, Jokinen but also have moments. And Jagr is legendary so you can't even be mad.

 

Lu has been awesome most of the time. Never know what you're getting with Reimer which is a problem but when he is on he's good. Guess that's all you can ask of a backup.

 

Huby coming back will add a lot more chemistry to this team. We should still be in the race when he does. So I'm not worried just yet.

 

I bought season tickets this year and because me and my girlfriend always have a good time no matter what and because the reps are servicenis awesome I have yet to regret it. On ice oroduct hasn't been perfect but all things considered good enough. Second half of the season though they won't get that much slack with me.

 

 

  • Author

I really don't think things are as bad as people seem to think. 

 

The team clearly is struggling in close games but that's about it. They've been playing good hockey the majority of the time. They don't look like a bad hockey team and I expect them to fight for a playoff spot, even at the rate they're playing. And I think there's still certainly room for improvement. 

 

 

They are playing like shit. They can't hold leads, they can't win in regulation, and they allow their ineptitude on the power play to turn into a positive for the other team.

 

There have been several injuries and plenty of bad luck but you also have to make your luck. 

 

Extremely disappointed in this team. 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.