Hurricane Matthew

DTrain

I'm currently in the process of renovating a home, so I'm worried about this. The windows are very old and while they have shutters, they're also old and untrustworthy.

I've just laid new floors, and have the fixtures and materials for the renovation of 2 bathrooms. If these items, along with my floor, were to be damaged, would my insurance cover it? It's a standard Citizens insurance. How much of a hassle would this be?

To make matters worse, I'm currently in Mexico for work.

Call your insurance company to confirm, but I believe it would be covered. If you can have someone go by and take pictures that will help.

As long as you put shutters up it should be fine. Are they the standard panel type?

Thanks for the info. They're accordion shutters attached to the home, but theyre old so I'm not safe.

how awesome is this. Flew down to FLL this morning for my wife's mom last chemo. As soon as get off the plane learn chemo (tomorrow) was cancelled until Tuesday (I fly back Sunday). Basically flew down to be in a hurricane. I was somehow in the Bahama LAST YEAR FOR THAT HURRCANE TOO WAHT THE FUCK MAN

Have someone go check for you. We aren't getting a direct hit so it really just needs to stop shit in the yard from flying into the windows.

I put them up and inspected them. The issue is that the pins you use to secure are faulty. No single window has both pins faulty, but idk if one alone can suffice should the other falter

Have someone go check for you. We aren't getting a direct hit so it really just needs to stop shit in the yard from flying into the windows.

My experince when I lived in Sarasota Florida was as long as the eye didnt get you things didnt get that bad. During Hurricane Charile in 2004 we waisted alot of time with sand bags only to wake up to a light shower and 20 mph winds the rest of the day, even though we got a good portion of the storm over us. Its the eye wall you need to be scared of.

how awesome is this. Flew down to FLL this morning for my wife's mom last chemo. As soon as get off the plane learn chemo (tomorrow) was cancelled until Tuesday (I fly back Sunday). Basically flew down to be in a hurricane. I was somehow in the Bahama LAST YEAR FOR THAT HURRCANE TOO WAHT THE FUCK MAN

Yikes.

I had to cut my Vegas trip short (today was day 2 of 4) to fly back to Ft.Lauderdale today at 5:30 PM. 

Nothing like leaving sunny Las Vegas (5% humidity) to fly to a place where a hurricane is lurking.  Fok me. 

Scumbag landlord said we are on our own with original windows from 1970. Put up a peice of plywood on each of the front ones. Covers most of it. None of back windows covered. House faces east. Guess it'll have to do.

What the fuck do you want the landlord to do?

You rented the place knowing it had those windows.

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app