Marlins Tweak Primary Logo for 2017

SilverBullet

A subtle change in which Marlins logo is the primary logo. This won't affect anything on uniforms but is for print, digital media, and it affects what's labeled as the primary logo in terms of licensing and merchandise and things like that...

(link: http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/03/03/miami-marlins-update-primary-logo-for-2017/) news.sportslogos.net/2017/03/03/mia…

It's a very small change indeed, but I think I prefer the old version more.

The version with the black on the inside isn't gone, this version just gets used more as it is and now there's more cohesion between the logos. The full version with the Miami letters underneath was basically never user anyways so no one will miss it. To be honest I can't think of a single place where that version of the logo was ever used.

The Miami word mark was useless so that change was good. The color change is minimal, probably a bit cleaner look overall.

Wouldn't even call it a word mark. It was literally just the letters M, I, A, M, and I with no design to it and was never used. The word mark is what's across the jerseys.

As the article hinted at, the original logo said Miami just so that people literally knew this was the rebranded Miami team. After that the logo was never used anywhere so might as well drop it now especially because I think, and I'm sure I'll open up a can of worms here but, I think the rebrand has been successful in terms of getting people to know that this is what the Miami Marlins now look like from a visual standpoint. Outside of a few bone headed commentators that still say Florida Marlins, the sports world sees our logo and definitely knows which team it is.

The version with the black on the inside isn't gone, this version just gets used more as it is and now there's more cohesion between the logos. The full version with the Miami letters underneath was basically never user anyways so no one will miss it. To be honest I can't think of a single place where that version of the logo was ever used.

I'm taking more issue with the white accenting or whatever. For some reason it doesn't look good over black to my eye, perhaps because I think the logo already had too much white space to begin with.

I'm taking more issue with the white accenting or whatever. For some reason it doesn't look good over black to my eye, perhaps because I think the logo already had too much white space to begin with.

Oh yeah I can agree with this. I actually think the logo is meant to be on a white background so that that white doesn't show.

I honestly wouldn't count on the next owner wiping all this Miami stuff away and bringing the teal back asap.

Me either, but I do see a throwback deal with the new owner. Something like what the Brewers do, where they feature the old look for occasional games.

Me either, but I do see a throwback deal with the new owner. Something like what the Brewers do, where they feature the old look for occasional games.

Don't get me started on the Brewers, they have no clue which of their THREE looks is their main look. They drive us uniform junkies mad. But yea I agree with you.

I honestly wouldn't count on the next owner wiping all this Miami stuff away and bringing the teal back asap.

Maybe not the first year or so but I'd say give it two or three years if they want some new merchandise sales. That's some tempting money. Didn't Loria do the same when he came in?

For the logo, I never much cared for the logo with the inner black. Looked alittle to dark for my taste.