Hech activated, Riddle to AAA

Admin

I bet someone here likes him, just waiting to see who

i dont dislike him just pointing out the facts.

He can be a top 7 defender (not even close to top 3) so there's that which is nice at times, rojas can do everything he does and not be the worst offensive player in baseball (although rojas will still be below avg)

i dont dislike him just pointing out the facts.

He can be a top 7 defender (not even close to top 3) so there's that which is nice at times, rojas can do everything he does and not be the worst offensive player in baseball (although rojas will still be below avg)

When I say like, I mean someone here who wants him to be the starting SS. I don't dislike him either, just don't want him starting.

I do not think Mattingly will hesistate if the garbage offense from Hechavarria continues. 

This is my thought. I think Mattingly is already at the point where Hech isn't guaranteed anything and Rojas will get more playing time very soon.

As far as this place universally hating Hech. I wasn't one of those for a while because I was on the let's be patient and see if develops train even when it wasn't coming through. But now in 2017 my patience with him is gone and I'm just ready to move on from him. I remember having this same feeling about other similar busts over the years like Andrew Miller and Hermida and Volstad and Eovaldi. There's only so much patience even positive thinking fans like me can have.

The problem with Hech is he can't hit. He needs to be a designated fielder. End of story. He should not be in the Majors. He is a proven liability at the plate.

Now, this is not to say his career is over. He could learn how to bunt very good for base hits, bringing the 3B in which could translate into more hits. Or he could get in the gym and lift the heavy iron and eat protein to build some strength that could translate into an improved hitter. He needs to work on his bunting, speed, and/or hitting/slugging in the offseason and in the minors before playing anymore Major League Baseball. No offense, but other players deserve a chance too, and most don't get as many chances as Hech has had.

I am sure she loves him dearly, but she does come off as a narcissistic parent who seeks validation from her son's success.

I didn't get that from her. I don't think she really can't stand him. She just had one comment that came off hilariously condescending that I refuse to let go of for humor but in no way do I really think she hates him.