Jeter fires Berger, McAvoy, DelPiano and Benedict

Admin

According to Frisaro, firing these guys signed through 2020 prior to the end of the season makes Loria responsible for their contracts.  This could help explain why Samson had to fire them since Jeter/Sherman don’t own the team yet.  Had they not been fired before ownership changed, then the new owners were responsible for paying them.

According to Frisaro, firing these guys signed through 2020 prior to the end of the season makes Loria responsible for their contracts.  This could help explain why Samson had to fire them since Jeter/Sherman don’t own the team yet.  Had they not been fired before ownership changed, then the new owners were responsible for paying them.

This is interesting. From a business sense I can see why Jeter would do it like this but it makes me wonder if this was the plan all along because if not it's a pretty dick move for Jeter to do this to Loria (I know that's an ironic statement but you get my point). I'm gonna assume this was part of the agreement between Loria and Jeter and could explain why Hill got that extension earlier this year so that Loria could make sure Hill was well compensated even if Jeter decided to fire him. 

These firings will get less publicity than the Conine McKeon Dawson and Perez firings but they're more intriguing as these guys actually did things for the team. It's weird though to see DelPiano and Benedict leave before their work could be noticed. Clearly those guys were working on improving this team in a long term sense and there's no way anyone can judge what they did here at this point. We may never know how good or bad DelPiano and Benedict were here. 

Lastly, once again, the irony: Jeter cleans house on front office executives yet the one guy most responsible for this disaster is still standing through the wreckage. 

These firings will get less publicity than the Conine McKeon Dawson and Perez firings but they're more intriguing as these guys actually did things for the team. It's weird though to see DelPiano and Benedict leave before their work could be noticed. Clearly those guys were working on improving this team in a long term sense and there's no way anyone can judge what they did here at this point. We may never know how good or bad DelPiano and Benedict were here. 

Lastly, once again, the irony: Jeter cleans house on front office executives yet the one guy most responsible for this disaster is still standing through the wreckage. 

Without any baseball franchise operating experience (even in the minor league or independent league would helped) in this new ownership,how could they fired those key front office members just in order to save money !? I doubt their knowing to this mlb industry was good enough to replace these guys with better ones,so it's really not a good move…

Without any baseball franchise operating experience (even in the minor league or independent league would helped) in this new ownership,how could they fired those key front office members just in order to save money !? I doubt their knowing to this mlb industry was good enough to replace these guys with better ones,so it's really not a good move…

I want to agree with this but we also don't know who will be hired to replace these people. They could be good hires and experienced people. We'll have to wait and see. 

I was about to say the same shit

I get cleaning house, but how the hell does Mike Hill have a job??? Didn't he hire most of these folks? 

https://www.fanragsports.com/heyman-denbo-expected-to-go-with-jeter-hendry-next/

MIAMI — Speculation keeps growing that New York Yankees executive Gary Denbo, a close confidant of Derek Jeter’s for years, will join the Miami Marlins in some key capacity, maybe even as GM. And while the Yankees haven’t heard officially that that is the case, many Yankees people are assuming he will go to Miami with Jeter.